Thread: Ground light frame help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ground light frame help.

Hey guys. I am trying for the first time designing my own yard decoration. I want to make a realistic runway for Santa to land on. I have it all mapped out but I can not figure out how to lay out the lights so they can be uniform and in a straight line. Stakes are easy and cheap but I am not sure how uniform I can put them in the ground. I can use cut PVC but Iím not sure if I can do that and not completely kill my grass. Any suggestions would be great guys. Hopefully I havenít started something too complicated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ground light frame help.

Quote Originally Posted by amayben View Post
    Hey guys. I am trying for the first time designing my own yard decoration. I want to make a realistic runway for Santa to land on. I have it all mapped out but I can not figure out how to lay out the lights so they can be uniform and in a straight line. Stakes are easy and cheap but I am not sure how uniform I can put them in the ground. I can use cut PVC but I’m not sure if I can do that and not completely kill my grass. Any suggestions would be great guys. Hopefully I haven’t started something too complicated.
    Not sure i understand the issue with the stakes made to hold the lights? you said PVC but don't want to kill the grass. How about if you put a T connector at the end of the runners. and did like this T-------------------------T the vertical T of it could be hammered into the ground, or put in rebar then slip the T over the rebar... rebar makes a small hole compared to most size PVC pipe. we use tons of Rebar every year to hold up our candy canes down the driveway...
    Its hard to picture what you have for sure in mind as a runway... but you could maybe rather then a t use a 4 way and add a piece of pipe coming up on either end to ad some strobe lights or something for santa to spot..

Just a Idea. I'm kinda surprised ive not done such a thing as I am into flying Radio control Planes,helis, multi rotors.