Thread: Falcon Player Sequencing Issue from Vixen 3.4, one of these is not matching up...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon Player Sequencing Issue from Vixen 3.4, one of these is not matching up...

So this is my first year, I went all-in, yada, yada, yadaÖ you know the story.

The problem: So the sequence runs without issue in Vixen, but not so much when running through FPP. The sequence seems really garbled, like its jumbled up and running too fast.
    Iíve searched and searched and canít seem to find anything that helps with my particular issue, least not that I came across. Iím at a loss at what to check next. The only thing that doesn't seem to add up is the run-time difference. When I run the sequence through FPP it reflects a run-time that doesnít match the music duration, itís off by several minutes actually. I'm not quite sure how to address this or if it is the culprit. I've ran the export several times and uploaded it in FPP, still not right.

Much of my equipment and software details are listed below and Iíve included screen shots.

FYIÖ On the screen shots you will see my controllers listed as E682, theyíre actually Falcon F16v3 now. I originally bought the E682ís, but as I progressed with the build I quickly learned they would not meet everything I needed them to do. So I bought the Falconís, I just havenít went back and updated the names yet.

Any direction or guidance on this would be a tremendous help, I'm spinning my wheels over here.

- Thanks Krampus

First Year 2017 (F.N.G.)
    3381 Pixels (12v)
    2x Falcon F16v3 Controllers (w/ 1 expansion board)
    Vixen 3.4 Ė Unicast
    Raspberry P1 3 B running FPP v1.9
    EDM FM transmitter
    Xenyx Audio Mixer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon Player Sequencing Issue from Vixen 3.4, one of these is not matching up...

Assuming those controller configuration screenshots are in order (I can't tell which is which), your universes on the FPP don't match what you exported from vixen. You either need to rearrange the controllers in vixen to match the FPP setup, or rearrange the universes on the FPP to match how you're exporting them from vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon Player Sequencing Issue from Vixen 3.4, one of these is not matching up...

Looks to be the right order to me, the megatree in IP 165 and everything else is IP 210.

The problem I see is he has 18 universes of 510 for the megatree in FPP, that is 9180 channels but is only sending 8686, the exported fesq is just the ports, in order, does not care about universe or controller type and FPP has to match that flat order exactly. So if your megatree is only 8686 channels (can't see the entire controller setup), then in FPP you have to set it up to be exactly 8686

Also (i missed this at first) when you move the the 2nd controller, the FPP start channel does not go back to 1, it will be 9181 (or 8687) and keeps increasing from there.
    Last edited by Ruppro; 10-31-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I feel incredibly grateful and yet just as much silly for such a big oversight. That was it, there were extra channels not being used, so I needed to adjust to match what was being used and match the export from Vixen exactly. And I needed to keep the channels successive from one controller to the next.
    I can't thank you guys enough for your help, I truly appreciate it. Everyday really is a learning experience, I look forward to the days I'm more comfortable with this passion and can give back.

Thanks,
    Krampus (Kevin)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you should feel silly. This is my third year working with pixels. Every time I add an element I screw up my channel counts and it takes me quite a while to figure out what I pooched. Looks like a pretty good setup for a first attempt.