Thread: Errors when trying to run my Halloween show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Errors when trying to run my Halloween show

I have a Halloween show that I have ran since 2014. It is on the same machine/same set up as it has always been and it has always ran without fail. Two days ago I tested to ensure it all worked and again it worked without fail. However, yesterday I hooked up my FM transmitter and tried to run the show and I got an error I have never seen in HLS "Failed to Open WaveOut" Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have checked: to ensure default audio is set correctly, channels were prepared for output etc. I also tried to run it on a different machine. But, on the 2nd machine I got a different error "Opening COM Port 3 failed with error 2" I verified COM port set up and it appeared correct to me. I honestly do not know where to start with this one. HLS has always ran my show seamlessly. I am planning to run my Christmas show off of the same PC this year also, so I usually use Halloween to help verify all is working where. Thank you in advance for any assistance/suggestions.

-Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Errors when trying to run my Halloween show

Quote Originally Posted by nsmetcalf View Post
    I have a Halloween show that I have ran since 2014. It is on the same machine/same set up as it has always been and it has always ran without fail. Two days ago I tested to ensure it all worked and again it worked without fail. However, yesterday I hooked up my FM transmitter and tried to run the show and I got an error I have never seen in HLS "Failed to Open WaveOut" Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have checked: to ensure default audio is set correctly, channels were prepared for output etc. I also tried to run it on a different machine. But, on the 2nd machine I got a different error "Opening COM Port 3 failed with error 2" I verified COM port set up and it appeared correct to me. I honestly do not know where to start with this one. HLS has always ran my show seamlessly. I am planning to run my Christmas show off of the same PC this year also, so I usually use Halloween to help verify all is working where. Thank you in advance for any assistance/suggestions.

-Nathan
    Just a thought. Try creating a fresh/new sequence and see if it will work... I say that because I have had times where I managed to seemingly corrupt a sequence somehow and when I went back and re-sequenced the problem went away.... In my case I suspect it was something on my computer that got changed someplace and HLS was using something/file that had changed, moved, or renamed.....and it caused the sequence to not run properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you verified that the transmitter is working? If USB, try unplugging and re-inserting after couple minutes.

I had this problem with my transmitter yesterday - it took several tries before it started actually showing up as an audio output.

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimboha View Post
    Have you verified that the transmitter is working? If USB, try unplugging and re-inserting after couple minutes.

I had this problem with my transmitter yesterday - it took several tries before it started actually showing up as an audio output.

Jimboha
    I fixed the COM port issue by simply re-asigning the COM port. However I still have not figred put the "failed to open WavOut" issue. These were 2 seperate machines so I at least have my show running. I appreciate the advice.