Thread: xinfly dmx dongle

Post Thanks / Like

Default xinfly dmx dongle

hi guys been away for awhile but have a dmx controller xinfly that i have used with freestyler but im unable to get it to function with vixen3, have tried several pc and have also gone through all the dmx open pro etc? any one use one of these dongles succesfully?

Post Thanks / Like

Default xinfly dmx dongle

I have one too. Iím not able to get it to work with anything but the included software. In the new year I may play with it to see if it will work on a RaspPi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Monty6308; 12-28-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xinfly dmx dongle

Windows 10 added a bunch of driver requirements. You should check to see if the dongle is compatible with the OS you are using.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

4. Thanks alexbs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Windows 10 added a bunch of driver requirements. You should check to see if the dongle is compatible with the OS you are using.
    Itís not approved by Microsoft. I had to go in and disable the forced driver signing requirement to load the driver. It still wasnít recognized by any other program beside the one that came with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

According to this Amazon ad, the adapter is compatible with the Entec Pro, but I'm wondering if it includes a fake FTDI chip which could be the real problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Interface-Ada.../dp/B00W52VIOS