Thread: Cheap PVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap PVC

Anyone have any good luck acquiring PVC from anywhere other than stores? Facebook groups and Craigslist have been horrible. Anything I do so it listed over retail and sadly people are falling for it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cheap PVC

PVC as in PVC Pipe? Are we talking about large sizes or 1/2"? 1/2" is super cheap at the big box stores.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes PVC is cheap but I'm looking to need to over $150 worth of product. Buying new means I can't do said project yet. Plus like I mentioned earlier I am "needing/wanting" to get into LOR stuff so there's easily a couple extra hundred. I have to find ways to save money where I can to keep the wife happy as well as our overall monthly budget we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dchackert View Post
    Yes PVC is cheap but I'm looking to need to over $150 worth of product. Buying new means I can't do said project yet. Plus like I mentioned earlier I am "needing/wanting" to get into LOR stuff so there's easily a couple extra hundred. I have to find ways to save money where I can to keep the wife happy as well as our overall monthly budget we do.

If you can handle a soldering iron, I'd suggest looking around here before ordering LOR equipment. I'm also new here and was thinking LOR but ended up building a couple of Renards for less than the cost of one LOR. Save on the electronics and have more to spend on PVC and other supplies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

second hand pvc? hard to imagine the circumstances anyone would have substantial quantity left over. craigslist is for bargaining. make someone an offer if you find it there!
    If you find a cheaper source, let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcK View Post
    If you can handle a soldering iron, I'd suggest looking around here before ordering LOR equipment. I'm also new here and was thinking LOR but ended up building a couple of Renards for less than the cost of one LOR. Save on the electronics and have more to spend on PVC and other supplies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I've thought about it. I'm usually the guy who completely understands how things go together and it makes complete sense. Then I begin to move my hands to do said thing and all fails around me lol. I'll keep reading though on how hard it might be for me

Post Thanks / Like

PVC pipe?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes PVC pipe

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you live, but Florida and 6 other states has a company called Southern Pipe Supply which is a wholesale pipe company. I bought from them when I was putting in a sprinkler system and their prices were about 1/3 of what it would cost at Lowes or Home Depot. Also Google wholesale pipe supply companies in your area. Some may have minimum order amounts