Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RenardESP Guidelines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganLights View Post
    I thought I'd get an early start on the display and debug a few things. Well my RenardESP woes continue.

What is wrong with this setup (ignore the pole its temporary)? Access point is upper left and ESP lower right ~15ft. away clear line of sight. I had to reboot this ESP 3 times to get it to connect. And when it did I couldn't pull up the web page. I have 2 of 6 that work reliably; all have clear line of sight to the AP.

Attachment 37638

Are there guidelines for orientation of the ESP relative the AP. Should I try/order some new ESP modules? They always seemed flaky for the distances I'm using them across (<100ft.)
    You might want to try dhcp reservations, if you haven't already. I was having similar problems until I did this, now all the esp modules connect right away.

I'm using a wrt1200ac router with dd wrt and 22 esp modules (some esp-01 and some esp-12).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by EE351 View Post
    You might want to try dhcp reservations, if you haven't already. I was having similar problems until I did this, now all the esp modules connect right away.

I'm using a wrt1200ac router with dd wrt and 22 esp modules (some esp-01 and some esp-12).
    22, WOW all I need is 6.

104 Renard SS Channels and Counting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12