Thread: Costco's new Snowman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Costco's new Snowman

I found these at Costco yesterday. I dissected one found out it looks like I can use them for my animated snow orchestra. Still not 100% sure but it looks promising. They are made kinda like spiral trees that collapse. Very nicely done.

I it apart between the 1st and 2nd section. The plan is to brace the 1st section (bottom) to stand on its own. Make a free standing rotating base for the top two sections and a pivot point so they can rock back and forth. I have already reworked the right arm to make it a front half only to match the left arm. I am working on a way to pivot the arms together to move the wind instruments up and down to the mouth. I took off the mouth and I am going to replace it with a large red button to make it more like he is blowing into the instrument.

If anyone is interested I will start taking some pics and post.

costco snowman.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Costco's new Snowman

I would like to see it as it's being built
    KEEP HI AND DRY

Post Thanks / Like

How tall is it? What was the cost?

I had a snowman similar to that last year and during a high wind/rain store it got pretty beat up and I think its going to be easier to replace than repair.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - Hoping for 10,000+ Lights

Christmas Lights On 16th Street - Facebook Page
    Christmas Lights On 16th Street - YouTube Page

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I used this one last year. Just left him static. It was easy to put up and take down and it even went back in the same box for storage. It was nice and bright. But the white outter part did turn a bit yellow in certain places. Not noticeable at night. But would love to see pics or video of it animated when you get it done.

Post Thanks / Like

Costco always has some neat stuff for the holidays. You might even be able to get some that are discounted because they are 'broken' but still good enough to work with.