Thread: Megatree configuration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Megatree configuration

Hi, new to Vixen and from the UK so please be patient..I have installed Vixen 3.3u2 64bit on windows 10. I have a 180 degree mega tree consisting of 16 strings, each containing 75 rgb pixels. I want to use 8 channels on a Pixlite 16 for this setup. I have added a megatree into elements and it gives me 16 strings. I have configured this for colour handling and checked the last box for RGB...at this point I am getting a notification telling me that "some elements already have colour properties set up. Should these be overwritten". I click yes. This gives me 3600 total patch points...ok so far?? I have added the Pixlite 16 in the controller section, giving me 3600 outputs. When I configure the Pixlite per universe, I am inputting universe 1, size 450 and 450 thereafter for 8 universes ( my thinking being 8 outlets = 2 strings per output at 75 pixels per string X 3 for rgb..75 x 2 x 3 = 450 ). I have set up a preview and all looks ok, but when I run a sequence, only strings 1 to 10 function, the rest remain white in the preview. I can run through each individual strand and they change colour in the preview, again up to and including string 10. I know I can't be far off where I need to be regarding setup but I just cant seem to drop on the answer. This may seem long winded but I thought I'd better cover all my steps...any ideas as to where I am going wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Megatree configuration

If you click on an individual string (11-16) in Setup Display, does it show proper color configuration for those strings? In Setup Preview, when clicking on one of the white strings, does it show that its a pixel string in the description box near the bottom?

Post Thanks / Like

In the preview did you patch all the strings to the elements (collections) this is totally separate from Patching to the controller. While I too like to add the controller when setting everything up, it is not needed for the preview or sequencing.

Easiest way to setup the preview is to select the Megatree from the elements list, then select the megatree smart object and draw out the the megatree, this will automatically associate everything, you will only have to change it from 360 to 180

You may also consider downloading the latest version, 3.4 from vixenlights.com
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    ...........................Easiest way to setup the preview is to select the Megatree from the elements list, then select the megatree smart object and draw out the the megatree, this will automatically associate everything, you will only have to change it from 360 to 180
    Now you tell me . . . . . after placing 20 strands each on 2 mega trees
    Ruppro, you need to think ahead for me....and tell me this stuff before I do the hard way....wow, automatic association. Missed that one.
    In Lights Therapy...

5. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not the only one, I learned this from James (TazChaLet), after I had mine built (all wrong too, but he got me straighten out)
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the docs on how to set up a mega tree in the preview. There is a video there. The video depicts an older version of Vixen 3, but the concepts still apply. Both the reading and the video discuss linking them manually or using the auto linking.

http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-d...cts/mega-tree/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Here are the docs on how to set up a mega tree in the preview. There is a video there. The video depicts an older version of Vixen 3, but the concepts still apply. Both the reading and the video discuss linking them manually or using the auto linking.

http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-d...cts/mega-tree/
    Yeah! Jeff. Rub it in

Wow, I just tried it. Really works great. I guess I need another Pixel Tree just to officially use it.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 09-11-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Yeah! Jeff. Rub it in

Wow, I just tried it. Really works great. I guess I need another Pixel Tree just to officially use it.
    And you wonder how we often mock up user scenarios so fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all your help...preview seems to be working as it should now, and I can see all the tree working correctly. Can I assume I have the universe "size count" correct at 450 per universe? my thinking being 8 outlets = 2 strings per output at 75 pixels per string X 3 for rgb..75 x 2 x 3 = 450 ) Thanks again