Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we please get away from the "Dark Side" colors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can we please get away from the "Dark Side" colors?

Can we please have some way to get away from the "Dark Side" colors for the program?

This has been asked before, but it is time to ask again. The dark colors are causing mistakes, unreadable areas, and no ability to lighten things up to be able to see....

If we had a way to set the colors for our liking, that would be wonderful. That way you folks that like to be in the dark can be, but those of us that want to be able to see can as well.

Thank you

Al
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can we please get away from the "Dark Side" colors?

The ability to set custom UI themes is still on our radar. Though in the interest of full disclosure it's fairly low on the priority list. Providing a user interface to design a custom color scheme is by no means a trivial task.
    I believe we've discussed before. The dark theming is consistent with most modern design apps. In fact, we patterned the colors off the most popular graphic and video design software out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember the lowly lemming.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think the dark theme is cool. If the software allows, for example visual studio, I always pick the dark theme.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have my eyes. I change everything to a lighter color for visual clarity.

I'm not alone, but it is not my intention to start this conversation all over again. (It got a bit long and warmer the last time.)

It is my intention to just ask for the ability to change it to the likes of the user.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not forgot about it, but as Jon mentioned it just did not get to the top of the ever growing list. We did try to enhance some of the areas that were hard to read in some pointed places that were fairly quick to do.

Post Thanks / Like

In the mean time is there specific areas that are not good or is it everything.

If there is only specific areas like some of the selections that we are currently changing then we can look at improving them.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, and from my perspective, being able to adjust the pixel brightness in the preview would help. There have been, and I thank you for it, improvements in the contrast in a bunch of the dropdown and presented lists.

I have attached a screen capture of the channel assignment configure window. Notice that the headings for each channel are covered over by the top of the list. This happens in several places. I will make a list and put it in the bug system.

One observation that puts some of the problem with the "Dark Side Theme" was revealed tonight. During the day, for some reason my Dell XPS-15 dims the screen. The dark greys of your product go dark-dark grey. The light greys also get darker. In some cases they are pretty much the same.

I'm working at my outdoor office (back screen porch) as I write this and the contrast between characters and the background is improved. Perhaps I should only use Vixen at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Right now, and from my perspective, being able to adjust the pixel brightness in the preview would help. There have been, and I thank you for it, improvements in the contrast in a bunch of the dropdown and presented lists.

I have attached a screen capture of the channel assignment configure window. Notice that the headings for each channel are covered over by the top of the list. This happens in several places. I will make a list and put it in the bug system.

One observation that puts some of the problem with the "Dark Side Theme" was revealed tonight. During the day, for some reason my Dell XPS-15 dims the screen. The dark greys of your product go dark-dark grey. The light greys also get darker. In some cases they are pretty much the same.

I'm working at my outdoor office (back screen porch) as I write this and the contrast between characters and the background is improved. Perhaps I should only use Vixen at night.
    That looks to be a scaling issue where it is cutting off on the higher DPI screens. I have been working on a lot of that over the last year or so, but looks like I missed that one. My main machine has standard DPI and I have to use my laptop to test the higher DPI features. I'll see if I can fix that up.

I generally work in a darker room myself so the dark theme is much easier on my eyes than the bright stuff. It also makes the colors stand out better for me. But everyone is different so I certainly can understand. I have thought about tweaking the fore color grey/silver a touch more toward white which may make the text pop a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    that looks to be a scaling issue where it is cutting off on the higher dpi screens. I have been working on a lot of that over the last year or so, but looks like i missed that one. My main machine has standard dpi and i have to use my laptop to test the higher dpi features. I'll see if i can fix that up.

I generally work in a darker room myself so the dark theme is much easier on my eyes than the bright stuff. It also makes the colors stand out better for me. But everyone is different so i certainly can understand. I have thought about tweaking the fore color grey/silver a touch more toward white which may make the text pop a little more.
    thank you!
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast