Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you adding props to Vixen 3.x?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How are you adding props to Vixen 3.x?

I know that the guys are working on custom props for Vixen 3. The changes they have completed, and are working on are wonderful.

The question is, until they come out with a custom input program, how are you representing things in the preview such as the offerings from Boscoyo?

In my case, not very well. My singing trees are just a step behind a kindergarten student's stick figures. I have a boat load (24) of singing bulbs (Chromabulbs) that I cannot get to look like anything in the preview.

Once again, how are the rest of you Vixen users getting previews to work of these different items?
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How are you adding props to Vixen 3.x?

this is a screen capture of one of mine this yr you can see how I did my singing tree

https://vimeo.com/229423921
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted the template for the Singing bulbs, the only pain is that you have to go through each pixel to figure out which one it is, but I believe it follows the Boscoyo layout for the 30" bulb (143 pixels)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you.
    Taz - That is pretty close to what my vixen version of singing faces looks like.
    Ruppro - I must have skipped school the day the said how to use the file. Can you point me in the right direction?
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Someone posted the template for the Singing bulbs, the only pain is that you have to go through each pixel to figure out which one it is, but I believe it follows the Boscoyo layout for the 30" bulb (143 pixels)
    This is for XLights and there is not a way to use it with Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

Composition of existing shapes is really the only way to do it currently. The custom prop stuff there allows you to associate a a group of individual shapes together as a single prop type. Then you can create more of them from that if you have multiples. You can use single pixels as part of that to draw unique shapes, but it is tedious.

I am trying to keep working on the new custom prop editor while I prepare for my shows this year. I really wanted to have it ready for the initial release, but other things in life were not friendly to me this year and I was not able to work on it for a couple months.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt used that in his vixen 3 and it worked fine like he said he had to assign each pixel

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Last edited by TazChaLet; 08-27-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    This is for XLights and there is not a way to use it with Vixen.
    That is straight out of my C:\Users\Ruppro\Documents\Vixen 3\Module Data Files\VixenDisplayPreview\Templates folder and what I used to create my Singing Bulbs although for incan strings.

So it does work in Vixen, got it from this post, http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...404#post430404

Also more on his map and pixel layout here, http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...764#post424764
    Last edited by Ruppro; 08-27-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    That is straight out of my C:\Users\Ruppro\Documents\Vixen 3\Module Data Files\VixenDisplayPreview\Templates folder and what I used to create my Singing Bulbs although for incan strings.

So it does work in Vixen, got it from this post, http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...404#post430404

Also more on his map and pixel layout here, http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...764#post424764
    I was looking earlier for this post to link here, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Thanks to both of you.
    Taz - That is pretty close to what my vixen version of singing faces looks like.
    Ruppro - I must have skipped school the day the said how to use the file. Can you point me in the right direction?
    You would copy the file to the "active profile"\Module Data Files\VixenDisplayPreview\Templates folder then in the Preview you can now hit the Template drop down arrow and select CromaBulb and then hit the Add to Preview button to add it to the display, move it into the position you want and size it.

CromaBulb1.jpg

CromaBulb1.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ruppro; 08-27-2017 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Fixing pictures and instructions
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

11. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast