Thread: xLights - Is it possible for multiple house locations in the setup?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy xLights - Possible to setup and sequence new house on same computer?

I searched around and couldn't find an answer to this question.
    I need help for a new xlights setup.

I currently have the setup for my house using one e682 on unicast so I can use all 12 universes.
    Michael 2017-08-12 at 10.29.33 AM.jpg

How do I create a new setup for someone else in xlights?
    I would like to set up a new one for my Dad and sequence everything for him off my computer and eventually copy the fseq files over on his Pi.

Is it possible to store both my current setup and my Dad's on my computer?
    For instance, in my current setup, I have all my models and house photo created.
    Is there a way to create a new setup, My Dad's house photo, and new models and be able to switch/load between which house I'm working on?
    ...Or you can only work on one house per computer?

EDIT:
    I think I figured it out. Is it simply creating a new SHOW DIRECTORY? and switching between directories for the different house setups?
    Last edited by notw22; 08-12-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Potentially SOLVED!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xLights - Is it possible for multiple house locations in the setup?

You can handle this by creating separate show folders for each house. The xlights program is separate than the show data. You can have any number of different setups on your computer. I have several for my house. I create an experimental folder to try config changes and if i decide not to keep i just delete that folder.

3. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xLights - Is it possible for multiple house locations in the setup?

^Perfect. Thanks Craiz!