Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trying to set up vixen files for FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Angry trying to set up vixen files for FPP

Can someone help me with the setup in Vixen. I'm trying to setup 25 strings of 50 (1250 channels) of pixels along with 287 channels of Renard to load as an fseq file.

I can save the file from Vixen but it won't load on FPP, I keep getting file error.

I did get one file to download after several tries but the colors weren't correct (mostly stayed white) and was flickering to the point it looked like strobes..

First year with Pixels and the learning curve looks steep!

Thanks !
    See all our videos at:

http://www.hickoryhollow74.wix.com/hickory-hollow

Vixen 3.2

"Electrical Tape is my Friend"
    Renard SS24 (12)
    Renard SS16 (3)
    Renard SS8 (3)
    33,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: trying to set up vixen files for FPP

Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Can someone help me with the setup in Vixen. I'm trying to setup 25 strings of 50 (1250 channels) of pixels along with 287 channels of Renard to load as an fseq file.

I can save the file from Vixen but it won't load on FPP, I keep getting file error.

I did get one file to download after several tries but the colors weren't correct (mostly stayed white) and was flickering to the point it looked like strobes..

First year with Pixels and the learning curve looks steep!

Thanks !
    You say you saved the file from Vixen, but are you using export to save that file.....then loading the fseq on FPP when you get the error
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

25 strings of 50 lights each string would be 1250 lights and 3750 channels. At 512 channels per universe that would take 8 universes.

Make sure you are exporting as .fseq file.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

yes , File saved in vixen exported to an fseq file .The saved fseq is loaded from that file to Fpp.
    I used fPP last year for my show, so I made a short pixel and renard sequence to use for testing.
    The file was exported etc., as usual but it starts and looks like it's going to load and stops after a few minutes and then I get the error.
    tryed this several times and it loaded but the sequence was flickering bad and the colors were off.
    I tryed another sequence I'm using this year and it did the same by would not load failed after only about 15-20 seconds.
    If I bring up the Falcon F16v3 on my network it will work fine in test mode.
    See all our videos at:

Vixen 3.2

Renard SS24 (12)
    Renard SS16 (3)
    Renard SS8 (3)
    33,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

yes , File saved in vixen exported to an fseq file .The saved fseq is loaded from that file to Fpp.
    I used fPP last year for my show, so I made a short pixel and renard sequence to use for testing.
    The file was exported etc., as usual but it starts and looks like it's going to load and stops after a few minutes and then I get the error.
    tryed this several times and it loaded but the sequence was flickering bad and the colors were off.
    I tryed another sequence I'm using this year and it did the same by would not load failed after only about 15-20 seconds.
    If I bring up the Falcon F16v3 on my network it will work fine in test mode.
    To me, it seems like a damaged USB drive data.

I have a test file for a P10 panel used for someone else that is still available in a post
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...185#post468185
    You can download, extract and see how it loads onto your FPP
    {If you set FPP to be a P10 2X1 and start channel 1...and click off any E1.31 you could use it as a test file to run.}

If it loads fine the fires time, then your likely looking at a Vixen issue

If it also fails to load, your FPP system has a fault . . . . if that problem was mine, I would re-format both the microSD and USB Drive with SDFormatter and reload FPP from scratch.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 08-06-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to load another file from last year and it loaded fine.
    It seems like it doesn't like the combination of renard and pixels
    How does the file differentiate between renard and pixels in the channel count?
    Is there anything that has to be done differently before the file is converted?
    See all our videos at:

Vixen 3.2

Renard SS24 (12)
    Renard SS16 (3)
    Renard SS8 (3)
    33,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to load another file from last year and it loaded fine.
    It seems like it doesn't like the combination of renard and pixels
    How does the file differentiate between renard and pixels in the channel count?
    Is there anything that has to be done differently before the file is converted?
    I think you send Renard as e1.31 then FPP settings "Input/output - channel output - other" is used to sends to USB dongle as Renard
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 08-06-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first year using pixels and RENARD. I am using ESPixelsticks as the controllers. Below is a screen shot of what my export screen looks like with the channel counts. I read a post somewhere that when the Pixels were after the Renard/Gemneric Serial it did not work correctly. Everything started workig when they got the Pixels first on the output list.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

That could be an issue, my Renards come out first. I'll rearrange tonight and try it.
    Thanks!
    See all our videos at:

Vixen 3.2

Renard SS24 (12)
    Renard SS16 (3)
    Renard SS8 (3)
    33,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

I have my pixels after my Renard boards and they work fine. You have to make sure you have FPP channel setup in the exact same order as you export then from Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    This is my first year using pixels and RENARD. I am using ESPixelsticks as the controllers. Below is a screen shot of what my export screen looks like with the channel counts. I read a post somewhere that when the Pixels were after the Renard/Gemneric Serial it did not work correctly. Everything started workig when they got the Pixels first on the output list.
    Hope this helps.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast