Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Execute vixen sequence into arduino without vixen ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Execute vixen sequence into arduino without vixen ?

Hello

Is it possible to stock the result of the execution of the vixen template (the serial Flow by example). Charge it in the arduino sketch and play without vixen ?.

Like it we dont need vixen online and have arduino totally autonomous

Thank you for your help.

Envoyé de mon F3211 en utilisant Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Execute vixen sequence into arduino without vixen ?

I don't think Arduino has enough memory to perform what you want by itself. But you could use a Rasberry Pi to accomplish that task. I am exporting the Vixen sequence to a Pi and having the Pi send it to the Arduino. That way you do not have Vixen 'online'. You do not have to use your computer to play the show. This is what a lot of people are doing for their shows.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Do you have a example of how to do that With rasBerry ?

Post Thanks / Like

Search this forum for "FPP" and "RPI" and you will find an enormous amount of information. If you click on my user name and then click on threads I started, you can see the questions and successes that I have had using the Rasberry Pi and the FPP program running on the Pi. I only know a little bit right now, this will be my first year using the Pi/FPP combo. I have a working test setup right now.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Search this forum for "FPP" and "RPI" and you will find an enormous amount of information. If you click on my user name and then click on threads I started, you can see the questions and successes that I have had using the Rasberry Pi and the FPP program running on the Pi. I only know a little bit right now, this will be my first year using the Pi/FPP combo. I have a working test setup right now.
    Thanks i'll go to see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I try'd this, but no results...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ap_84 View Post
    I try'd this, but no results...
    OK, then try this link http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...-Falcon-Player
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

what sketch are you using for your Arduino? Which Arduino board are you using? Are you using more than 1 board?
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I'm New on Christmas Light. I use arduino uno and à sketch found on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nono78 View Post
    Hello

Is it possible to stock the result of the execution of the vixen template (the serial Flow by example). Charge it in the arduino sketch and play without vixen ?.

Like it we dont need vixen online and have arduino totally autonomous

Thank you for your help.

Maybe not the Vixen format but I am pretty sure someone has done some code that can read the FPP fseq format from a file on an SD card.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast