Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully This Is Easier to Fix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hopefully This Is Easier to Fix

This is a test file from mrGrumpy and the weird out of sync text still shows up - the upside down does not matter thats the way the file showed up.

c.jpg

The next photo is also some text and the weirdness shows up everywhere.
    x.jpg

A video showing whats happening.
    https://youtu.be/j_F3qpRQK3I

I read that the same thing is happening to jCook as posted 07-31-2017, 09:49 PM
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...olumns-shifted

The red circles are the three rows that show interference. Its the last row of each section. In my case its panels 6-10 of group of three.
    Also the light blue color indicates that at the very end of the 10 panel there is also some interference. This interference only shows up in those rows - not the first 5 panels of each group of three.

mrGrumpy2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covewi View Post
    This is a test file from mrGrumpy and the weird out of sync text still shows up - the upside down does not matter thats the way the file showed up.

The next photo is also some text and the weirdness shows up everywhere.

A video showing whats happening.
    https://youtu.be/j_F3qpRQK3I

I read that the same thing is happening to jCook as posted 07-31-2017, 09:49 PM
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...olumns-shifted

The red circles are the three rows that show interference. Its the last row of each section. In my case its panels 6-10 of group of three.
    Also the light blue color indicates that at the very end of the 10 panel there is also some interference. This interference only shows up in those rows - not the first 5 panels of each group of three.
    Just an FYI: my test file was built in Vixen, which is BOTTOM LEFT input. Your page is TOP LEFT. Upside down was expected. The test does shows a different sequencer does similar.

I think I've gone as far as I can helping. You could have tweaked something in the Pi with the faulted Matrix Board, or Ron's Matrix board can't handle.

Try FPP or Ron for further assistance.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Did some diagnostics - a single panel works correctly - but as soon as I try a 2 X1 panel matrix things go wrong.
    With the 2 X 1 setup the first half of the first panel works correctly - then the next half and the second panel all have interference when showing text.'

You can also see some interference with any pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Did some diagnostics - a single panel works correctly - but as soon as I try a 2 X1 panel matrix things go wrong.
    With the 2 X 1 setup the first half of the first panel works correctly - then the next half and the second panel all have interference when showing text.'

You can also see some interference with any pattern.
    Did you make your own risdon cables or did you buy them. I would swich out the ribbon cables and see if that is the issue. I had a similar issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the ribbon cables between panels that came with the panels.
    The longer ones from the Pi came from Boscoyo - I have made every possible switch with the cables to rule them out with no luck.

I am now wondering about the panels themselves.

Covewi

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the ribbon cables between panels that came with the panels.
    The longer ones from the Pi came from Boscoyo - I have made every possible switch with the cables to rule them out with no luck.

I am now wondering about the panels themselves.

Covewi
    Her is Vixen 2W1H Text test file in fseq - good luck
    TEST-2.zip

I bought 2 spare panels this year from DIYLEDEXPRESS, and tested them with this test file. They run fine for me. Clean edges, and no noise.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 08-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

I probably know the answer to this question but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something that may have been causing my problems.

I have 5 X 6 (30 panel) matrix. After creating that model in xlights do I need to do anything with the Unicast or MultiCast? I am assuming no.
    Can I run a sequence from my laptop using xlights directly to the matrix?

Could this make a difference? Is FPP not playing the xlights file correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to run the fpp from your pc you would put the fpp in bridge mode.

Post Thanks / Like

First - would it make any difference if I ran FPP from my PC vs. running it from the uploaded file on FPP?

Now this is really weird - I made a second layer in xLights behind the text - as you can see the text looks fine - but as soon as the background stops the text gets weird.

https://youtu.be/VmWk0IF4X2Y

What the heck?
    Last edited by covewi; 08-06-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

First - would it make any difference if I ran FPP from my PC vs. running it from the uploaded file on FPP?

Now this is really weird - I made a second layer in xLights behind the text - as you can see the text looks fine - but as soon as the background stops the text gets weird.

https://youtu.be/VmWk0IF4X2Y

What the heck?
    Do you still have the link to the xLights Wednesday Conference- share this video with them if you don't have answer by then - 7:00 eastern start time.
    In Lights Therapy...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast