Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Morton, IL
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Getting ready to place my first order with Ray and I'm looking at the different pixels. I'm looking at ordering bullet style, 12v, 18AWG ws2811's. I have a falcon controller if that makes any difference.

    With pigtails: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.rz9Zq3

    Without pigtails: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.BEM0wp

    These appear to be the same pixels only 1 has pigtails attached and the other doesn't. Both are listed as ws2811, IP68, 18AWG black wire. Both priced the same at $25.00. I've noticed on others that the ones with pigtails are usually a buck or 2 higher. Any reason why the ones with pigtails are the same price as the ones without? Is there some difference I'm not seeing?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Better price on these ones. Those are the same, but i know for me i dont like the pigtails that come attached.

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100p...4c0d73ff&tpp=1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry72 View Post
    Better price on these ones. Those are the same, but i know for me i dont like the pigtails that come attached.

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100p...4c0d73ff&tpp=1
    These are not good - only 20 gauge wire - go with your 18 gauge
    In Lights Therapy...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Morton, IL
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    I'm going to stick with the 18 awg since the difference in $ is minimal. I'm wondering why the price is the same with or without the pig tails. Usually it's $1.50 more or so with the pigtails so I'm wondering if there's something off on these or some difference between the 2 that I don't see.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by tgodfrey View Post
    I'm going to stick with the 18 awg since the difference in $ is minimal. I'm wondering why the price is the same with or without the pig tails. Usually it's $1.50 more or so with the pigtails so I'm wondering if there's something off on these or some difference between the 2 that I don't see.
    Not sure there needs to be a cost add for connectors/pigtails. If you are doing a million piece run for a customer with pigtails, it is less expensive to run more than change to no pigtails, or cut them off
    In Lights Therapy...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    These are not good - only 20 gauge wire - go with your 18 gauge
    Got 800 of them for the last 3 years, no issues but one pixel that for some reason has no red for about the first minute then it comes in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry72 View Post
    Got 800 of them for the last 3 years, no issues but one pixel that for some reason has no red for about the first minute then it comes in.
    Yes Jerry I have some too, but if you have a choice, always go 18 gauge or better.

    Not sure why your one pixel has an issue, but wire gauge is not the cause here.
    Does it act the same in cold weather an in hot.
    In Lights Therapy...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Yes Jerry I have some too, but if you have a choice, always go 18 gauge or better.

    Not sure why your one pixel has an issue, but wire gauge is not the cause here.
    Does it act the same in cold weather an in hot.
    I agree about the 18 gauge. The pixel does it randomly, some times it will light right up, sometimes it won't. I had a couple ,dumb nodes do it, so i dont think it has anything to do with the 2811 pic. I think it is the LED itself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Oh, and as far as shipping, i just got a quote for shipping for $68 directly from Ray, versus the $98 that alibaba wants. That is for 1200 nodes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Any difference in these pixels from Ray

    Quote Originally Posted by tgodfrey View Post
    Getting ready to place my first order with Ray and I'm looking at the different pixels. I'm looking at ordering bullet style, 12v, 18AWG ws2811's. I have a falcon controller if that makes any difference.

    With pigtails: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.rz9Zq3

    Without pigtails: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.BEM0wp

    These appear to be the same pixels only 1 has pigtails attached and the other doesn't. Both are listed as ws2811, IP68, 18AWG black wire. Both priced the same at $25.00. I've noticed on others that the ones with pigtails are usually a buck or 2 higher. Any reason why the ones with pigtails are the same price as the ones without? Is there some difference I'm not seeing?

    Thanks.
    Maybe contact Todd @ diyledexpress.com He just got a large pre-sale shipment in. Typically he buys extra for stock sales. Great product, as good of a price (or better) local purchase and reasonable freight. Don't expect immediate return message.....he is busy shipping pre-sale orders.
    In Lights Therapy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •