Thread: help with ordering sequence of strings in a group

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with ordering sequence of strings in a group

Hi there

I'm pretty new to Vixen and I've run into a configuration issue with grouping portions of a string together. I'm running 3.3.u2

First - there are 3 strings on my house
    20170704-strings-and-power-1.jpg

I want to have discrete control over different parts of each string, so I defined my elements at a fairly granular level. For example, I configured the lower roof peak above the garage door with 4 elements and you can see how I grouped them in the attached screenshot of the preview configuration

vixen-elements.jpg

Here is the issue. I want to configure a chase down each side of the roof that starts at the peak. Here is the configuration in the sequence:
    vixen-chase-order-1.jpg

On the right side, the chase properly starts at the peak and runs down the right side of the roof.
    On the left side though, the chase starts half-way down the left side - reaches the bottom - continues at the peak - and ends in the middle In the image below, the two chases should both be at the peak heading down opposite sides of the roof.
    vixen-chase-order-2.jpg

Where can I specify the relationship between group "Lower-Roof-Garage-left-left" and "Lower-Roof-Garage-left-center" to have the chase start at the peak and flow to the bottom left? The chase is starting on the left-left group rather than left-center.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help with ordering sequence of strings in a group

You could try moving the Lower-Roof-Garage-left-left group beneath the center group in display setup. Admittedly I haven't tried this as I don't typically use chase. Wipe is location based and should do exactly what you want with no changes.

Post Thanks / Like

you can have more than 1 setup of your roof lines I had my roof pixels setup in 2 different ways in my show last yr a little hard to explain how I did it

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Last edited by TazChaLet; 07-16-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that the order of subgroups within a group matters. I didn't realize that the order could be changed by dragging and dropping them. Works fine now. Thanks

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pburton View Post
    It appears that the order of subgroups within a group matters. I didn't realize that the order could be changed by dragging and dropping them. Works fine now. Thanks
    The order of pixels in those groups matter as well. Grouping can play a huge role in making your sequencing stand out. My very first year I only had 60 pixels split 5 each on 12 stars. I think I had 10 different groupings so I could do different effects with the lights.

Stars
    Odd Stars
    Even Stars
    Tops
    Middle
    Bottom
    Clockwise
    Counter Clockwise
    Inside Out
    Outside in

All that for just the same 60 pixels! Get creative with groupings.

7. Likes TazChaLet liked this post