Thread: Can't See Preview...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't See Preview...

Hi there,

I'm still old school, using 2.1, and I'm working on some of my sequence changes. I set the used Profile to include the Adjustable Preview Plugin and attached the sequences to the profile. However, when I play the sequence I don't see the Preview.

Am I missing something else?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
    As always, Thanks for any info!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can't See Preview...

Is your plugin for your controller, set up with the preview or just the preview plugin only? I remember I would get a error trying to use the profile with the preview if the controller was not connected. Run just the preview plugin and hopefully that will get your preview back.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I knew that was it as soon as I read it. I remember doing that last year. Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I was able to help! I just scan things in the thread, and most is over my head! Just trying to understand new stuff. I just can't give up 2.1 it's not overwhelming in a time crunch to me. Trying to learn X lights but I too will probably end up editing last years sequences in 2.1

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably just stick with 2.1. I just use LED minis, blowmolds, a tree and some other stuff. I thought about a 1/2 pixel tree, but that $$$ and I don't have the time to learn I guess. I like the old school look so I really don't have the verve to change.

That is not to say I don't like the pixel displays. They are slick and if I had the time and money, that 1/2 pixel tree would be incuded.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't limit yourself. I was running pixels with an e682 and Vixen 2.1 using the J1Sys E1.31 plug-in and it worked great.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that thought process Keith! I've seen the plug-in, never really thought about using pixels in 2.1! If I can figure it out maybe I'll still have a new Mega tree this year and not loose all the previous work with my elements that I wasn't able to finish and get out last year!

Thanks!
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    Don't limit yourself. I was running pixels with an e682 and Vixen 2.1 using the J1Sys E1.31 plug-in and it worked great.
    Great! Just when I was content you got the wheels turning again. You wouldn't be able to summarize the steps you took and what kind of strips you use would you? Was it just as simple as buying the controller, installing the Plug-In and away you go?

I wonder how many strips I would need for a half mega. I still think it would get pricey, but as simple as you make it sound, that may be the only limitation at this point. On the other hand, if I invest the money it could be the cool element that I always display even after I get tired of setting up all the other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

doing pixels in vixen 2 is a lot harder than in one of the other programs it isn't made for pixels it can be done but much more work
    James WinterHaven Fl