Thread: Rennard Power Supply

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rennard Power Supply

Hi, Brand new here and ordering 2 SS24s. I currently have 2 LOR boxes and I will be using Vixen. I also got a falcon F16v3 board for arches I will be building.

What do I use to connect the 120v? I'll just order what most think is the most used power supply.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rennard Power Supply

Just plug the 120V for the SS24s into your home's AC outlets, just like the LOR boxes.

The F16v3 will need either 5V or 12V DC, depending on the type of pixels you are going to use. MrSmoofy has Meanwell PSUs for sale @ https://holiday.lighting/ w/ about the best pricing around.
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

With the SS24's, they have some screw terminals for the AC Hot, Neutral and Ground. There are two of them so you can split it in half to run 12 outputs/triacs on one AC outlet and 12 on another.
    If you are in the USA, on 120V you can get AC cords with the male 3 prong plug on one end, and bare wires on the other at Lowes or Home Depot, and probably other hardware stores. In my case I had some heavy duty AC computer cords lying around. I cut then female end off and stripped the wires for mine.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice from both. ! Ill need a bunch of dongles for the retail lights I bought is the SPD and vampires the best solution? They dont need to be the thick ones on the LOR boxes?

Post Thanks / Like

No they don't have to be commercial grade. For my remarks I use spt1 and vampire plugs with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever works best for you, I also went with SPT1 and Vampire plugs because you need the dongles coming out of the controller box. Plus you will need extension cords to run from the controller to your display items. So you will need 2 female and 1 male vampire plug for each channel, and 2 male for each controller to connect to the power in feeds. How much SPT1 you will need depends on how big you display area is, I went through a 1000' roll on 4 SS24/TR24s
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Whatever works best for you, I also went with SPT1 and Vampire plugs because you need the dongles coming out of the controller box. Plus you will need extension cords to run from the controller to your display items. So you will need 2 female and 1 male vampire plug for each channel, and 2 male for each controller to connect to the power in feeds. How much SPT1 you will need depends on how big you display area is, I went through a 1000' roll on 4 SS24/TR24s
    Thanks to all. Where is the best price on spt1? And M/f vampires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Chris at Radiant Holidays has some of the best pricing, and free shipping! Make sure you create your account then email him off the site and let him know you are a forum member, it will give you discount pricing. 1000' SPT1 159.99 reg/134.99 discounted (again including shipping)
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Everything you would want to know about the SS24 board (or any of the SS boards) is in the Wiki. Really....it is.

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...ntroller_Board
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas