Thread: WS2811S Pixel String Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default WS2811S Pixel String Issue

I've been running WS2811S strings with a SanDevices e6804 for several years with no problems. This year, I received six additional strings (from the same Chinese vendor) to add some additional effects. I've just gotten around to testing the strings and discovered that none of the six light up. I verified good 5vdc and ground connections end-to-end on each string and the data direction is correct. The controller output is good (the 2-year old strings light fine). Since all six strings aren't lighting, I decided to test my theory that it's due to a data signal issue. I temporarily changed the e6804 output to something other than the 1804/2811 setting.....like 2801...and got the new strings to light (granted they don't follow the programmed sequence due to expected signal differences) so I know the leds are capable of lighting.

My e6804 firmware hasn't been updated since new. Anyone experience anything like this before?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WS2811S Pixel String Issue

Hi, some new WS2811s have an extended reset time, there is new SanDevices firmware to fix this issue.
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...ighlight=E6804

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WS2811S Pixel String Issue

Thanks for the quick response (and link). Sure enough, Jim sent me firmware 4.081 which fixed my "dead strings" issue!