Thread: xTremeSequences Presents Thriller Full Version with Lyric Tracks, Singing Green Skull

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb xTremeSequences Presents Thriller Full Version with Lyric Tracks, Singing Green Skull

xTremeSequences Presents Thriller Full Version with Lyric Tracks, Singing Green Skull, and Singing Scary Pumpkin.

This is an incredible deal. CrockettFantasyofLights has teamed with xTremeSequences to provide singing faces and lyric tracks in an effort to give you a one stop shop experience.

If you have no matrix or singing faces the Lite Version is the perfect choice.

First 10 sales are 50% off just like the lite version.

Thriller Full Version 2017

Use Code: thriller50

Purchase here: www.xTremeSequences.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xTremeSequences Presents Thriller Full Version with Lyric Tracks, Singing Green S

It's clever... and not wanting to throw water on your fire but wow, if you don't own the rights to use the music and/or video, I think that if Michael Jackson's family/organization ever gets wind of your efforts they're going to want one heckuva big royalty and, quite possibly, damages too.

Be careful.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xTremeSequences Presents Thriller Full Version with Lyric Tracks, Singing Green S

Well, there will be a lot of people in trouble then. I don't sell the video footage. I only provide links to the web location where I found footage to use on my personal display. I don't sell the music either. I provide a link to Amazon. I own my personal copy of the song for my personal show.

Most all people with light shows with music from artists, and as long as they are not charging people to see their show then it is legit. If the Jackson family wanted to come after me they wouldn't get a lot.

How is fair use determined? What are the “four factors”?

There is no simple formula or method to easily determine whether a particular use of a copyrighted work is a fair one.

The copyright statute gives us four factors to apply on a case-by-case basis:
    The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes.
    The nature of the copyrighted work.
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole.
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
    The four factors are more than a checklist. They have to be analyzed at an individual level and taken together as a whole, but they might be weighted differently depending on the facts of your particular case.

Courts use these factors to decide whether a particular use qualifies, but remember that they can only do so after you have been sued for copyright infringement. The burden of establishing the fair use exception always falls on the person asserting it; the copyright holder does not have to prove the lack of fair use.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually....

Most of use do NOT have the right to FM broadcast the music we download for our shows.
    Even though we don't charge for the show.
    Yes, everyone does this, but the music licensing agencies could be asking us to pay the licensing fees.
    The fact our shows are free has nothing to do with the requirement.
    Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be enforced for the vast majority of us.

I covered this topic in my Christmas Expo talk last year. Here's the text from that slide:

LPFM Broadcasters
    American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (“ASCAP”), Broadcast Music, Inc. (“BMI”), and SESAC are the main three performance rights organizations (“PROs”) that control the vast majority of the licensing of musical works in the United States. They charge blanket fees that allow you to publicly perform everything in their catalogs, whenever you want.*

If you subscribe to just one PRO, you must be careful to only play songs from their catalog.
    If you are a Low Power FM radio station (“LPFM”), the PROs provide you with these special rates for broadcast radio transmissions:
    They range from $150 to $400 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravado67 View Post
    Well, there will be a lot of people in trouble then. I don't sell the video footage. I only provide links to the web location where I found footage to use on my personal display. I don't sell the music either. I provide a link to Amazon. I own my personal copy of the song for my personal show.

Most all people with light shows with music from artists, and as long as they are not charging people to see their show then it is legit. If the Jackson family wanted to come after me they wouldn't get a lot.

How is fair use determined? What are the “four factors”?

There is no simple formula or method to easily determine whether a particular use of a copyrighted work is a fair one.

The copyright statute gives us four factors to apply on a case-by-case basis:
    The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes.
    The nature of the copyrighted work.
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole.
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
    The four factors are more than a checklist. They have to be analyzed at an individual level and taken together as a whole, but they might be weighted differently depending on the facts of your particular case.

Courts use these factors to decide whether a particular use qualifies, but remember that they can only do so after you have been sued for copyright infringement. The burden of establishing the fair use exception always falls on the person asserting it; the copyright holder does not have to prove the lack of fair use.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work Ron!
    2013 - 6,000 Incans all static, 1 mega tree
    2014 - 12,500 Incans all static, 27 wireframes, 3 mega trees
    2015 - 20,000 Mostly LED, 45 wireframes, 4 mega trees, 72 renard channels, 16 LOR channels
    2016 - 25,000+ lights mostly LED, 50+ wireframes, 4 mega trees, 176 renard channels, 16 LOR channels, 800 pixels

https://www.facebook.com/Stoney-Ridg...6107967233852/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMerk View Post
    Awesome work Ron!
    Thanks! I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk