Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 508

Thread: Espixel by Bill Porter

  1. #491
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by andreaddicore View Post
    Greetings from Andre at Addicore.com!

    We've been toying around with the idea of designing a quick ESP-01 programmer since we have been selling a lot of modules to the folks on the board here.

    Right now we are looking at having an onboard serial chip, power supply, program/run toggle switch, and a reset button. I have it prototyped on a breadboard and have been using it for a while, but any input would be appreciated. Are there any features that some of the other programmers lack that are a must have?

    Thanks!

    Andre
    Not to discourage another entrant coming to market, but we already have...
    the pops-o-matic http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...ESP_Programmer (board only)
    the renardplus reefer http://renard-shop.com/home/64-renar...er-reefer.html ( full kit including ch340)
    digwdf flashmaster http://digwdf.com/store/product.php?id_product=199 (kit)

    If people can't find a programmer that suits their needs at this point they aren't looking very hard!

    Maybe if you include the programmer as a kit for $5 with purchase of 10 ESP-01's! :D

  2. #492
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago - Southwest Suburbs
    Posts
    7,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by willo View Post
    Not to discourage another entrant coming to market, but we already have...
    the pops-o-matic http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...ESP_Programmer (board only)
    the renardplus reefer http://renard-shop.com/home/64-renar...er-reefer.html ( full kit including ch340)
    digwdf flashmaster http://digwdf.com/store/product.php?id_product=199 (kit)

    If people can't find a programmer that suits their needs at this point they aren't looking very hard!

    Maybe if you include the programmer as a kit for $5 with purchase of 10 ESP-01's! :D
    None of the programmers you've mentioned has the serial chip onboard. They all require a separate USB-TTL Serial adapter. The design Andre is describing has that onboard. Which means that it's a USB to ESP01 adapter with no other active electronics required. It's definitely a product that's filling a void.

    I know every time I go to grab one of my esp programmer boards, I have to get out the magnifying glass to figure out which of my serial adapters has the right pinout for it. That's a hassle I'd be happy to avoid.

  3. Thanks willo thanked for this post
  4. #493
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    The onboard serial option is what we are looking at. The goal is to be an all in one option.

    We are thinking about a bundle option!

    Andre

  5. #494
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Given what happened with FTDI and the 'bricking' issue,
    I chose to intentionally leave the serial interface off my board. (Pops O Matic)
    This leaves folks with a choice and the option for future improvements or fixes to the technology.
    It certainly isn't a cost issue as these interface boards can be had all day long on aliexpress for about a buck.

    If you addicore folks want to add some value, why not offer your ESP-01 modules with the pixelstick code already burned onto the module ?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by andreaddicore View Post
    The onboard serial option is what we are looking at. The goal is to be an all in one option.

    We are thinking about a bundle option!

    Andre

  6. #495
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    The following seems to be the parts needed for the ESPixel Pops and ESPixel Pops Tiny from Tayda.
    Used this BOM and so far everything seems right, except that the switch only has two leads instead of four. Does this mean I need new switches, or is there some way to still use them on the board?

  7. #496
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Can you post a picture of the switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtaylorl View Post
    Used this BOM and so far everything seems right, except that the switch only has two leads instead of four. Does this mean I need new switches, or is there some way to still use them on the board?

  8. #497
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Pictures on the website are accurate: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/tac...e-spst-no.html

    Edit: If I'm reading the schematic right I think I should be fine if I connect it to either 2 and 4 or 1 and 3. So, perpendicular to the resistors and diode.
    Last edited by dtaylorl; 11-09-2018 at 01:59 AM.

  9. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Should be this one https://www.taydaelectronics.com/tac...e-spst-no.html
    But as you state, yours will work if placed correctly.
    In Lights Therapy

  10. #499
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    I agree. if you look at the board you will see that two pins on each side are the same connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Should be this one https://www.taydaelectronics.com/tac...e-spst-no.html
    But as you state, yours will work if placed correctly.

  11. #500
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by dtaylorl View Post
    Used this BOM and so far everything seems right, except that the switch only has two leads instead of four. Does this mean I need new switches, or is there some way to still use them on the board?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Should be this one https://www.taydaelectronics.com/tac...e-spst-no.html
    But as you state, yours will work if placed correctly.
    Thanks for the feedback... Updated post #423 accordingly.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •