Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 431 to 439 of 439

Thread: Espixel by Bill Porter

  1. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    Did these all end up being the correct parts? Thanks for putting together this Tayda parts list!
    Busy with a few other things, I unfortunately did not have time to give them a try yet.

  2. #432
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    I just ordered this BOM from Tayda and will post back on my findings once I get them assembled

  3. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    I just ordered this BOM from Tayda and will post back on my findings once I get them assembled
    I am still planning on using the BOM myself but I am working on something else now. Looks like you will be the guinea pig on that BOM. Good luck and please do give us feedback.

  4. #434
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    I just completed building & testing 8 Pixel Pops Tinys! I used the Tayda BOM in post 423 and all seems to be working well so far. The only issue with the Tayda BOM is capacitor C1 lead spacing is too wide. I had to bend in the leads to fit the board hole spacing.

    My Tayda order ended up being $10.34 with shipping and I ordered a few extras of parts just in case I needed them.

    I sourced the terminal blocks from eBay at $0.60 each.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F181714324095

    I sourced the ESP-01ís from Addicore at $3.55 each.
    https://www.addicore.com/ESP8266-ESP-01-p/130.htm

    The 8 boards from ukewarrior were $3.50 shipped.

    Overall each Pixel Pops Tiny ended up costing me right at $6. And over half the cost is the ESP-01. This cost couldíve been reduced if I bought in bulk more or didnít order extras. Still Iím extremely happy with building a 4 universe WiFi controller for $6!!

  5. #435
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Hit reply before I attached pictures! Here are some pictures of the assembled boards.

  6. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Nicely done ! Thanks for confirming the Tayda BOM and the note on the MLCC capacitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    I just completed building & testing 8 Pixel Pops Tinys! I used the Tayda BOM in post 423 and all seems to be working well so far. The only issue with the Tayda BOM is capacitor C1 lead spacing is too wide. I had to bend in the leads to fit the board hole spacing.

    My Tayda order ended up being $10.34 with shipping and I ordered a few extras of parts just in case I needed them.

    I sourced the terminal blocks from eBay at $0.60 each.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F181714324095

    I sourced the ESP-01ís from Addicore at $3.55 each.
    https://www.addicore.com/ESP8266-ESP-01-p/130.htm

    The 8 boards from ukewarrior were $3.50 shipped.

    Overall each Pixel Pops Tiny ended up costing me right at $6. And over half the cost is the ESP-01. This cost couldíve been reduced if I bought in bulk more or didnít order extras. Still Iím extremely happy with building a 4 universe WiFi controller for $6!!

  7. #437
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Are these still available? I see the ones on https://oshpark.com/profiles/PopsElectronics, but I dont think they are the same..

  8. #438
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    They certainly are.
    I only show boards on OSHpark when I don't have any available.
    I have both pixel pops and pixel pops tiny boards in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpoduska View Post
    Are these still available? I see the ones on https://oshpark.com/profiles/PopsElectronics, but I dont think they are the same..

  9. Likes mikel3332 liked this post
  10. #439
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Espixel by Bill Porter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    I just completed building & testing 8 Pixel Pops Tinys! I used the Tayda BOM in post 423 and all seems to be working well so far. The only issue with the Tayda BOM is capacitor C1 lead spacing is too wide. I had to bend in the leads to fit the board hole spacing.

    My Tayda order ended up being $10.34 with shipping and I ordered a few extras of parts just in case I needed them.

    I sourced the terminal blocks from eBay at $0.60 each.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F181714324095

    I sourced the ESP-01ís from Addicore at $3.55 each.
    https://www.addicore.com/ESP8266-ESP-01-p/130.htm

    The 8 boards from ukewarrior were $3.50 shipped.

    Overall each Pixel Pops Tiny ended up costing me right at $6. And over half the cost is the ESP-01. This cost couldíve been reduced if I bought in bulk more or didnít order extras. Still Iím extremely happy with building a 4 universe WiFi controller for $6!!
    Glad everything is working well for you. It does not seem the C1 capacitor was too much of an issue to deal with once you bent the leads. Was it?
    there is another one with 3mm pin spacing for $0.10 for 10 of them that might work. https://www.taydaelectronics.com/10-...pkg-of-10.html

    I have not got to build my sticks yet but hopefully will get to it soon. Thanks for the source for the terminal blocks, this is helpful!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •