Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C9 covers for bullet pixels INTEREST THREAD: open until 6/17/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default C9 covers for bullet pixels INTEREST THREAD: open until 6/17/2017

After reading about and then seeing the covers as described by pmiller in this thread:
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...583#post463583
    several folks have asked me if a group buy would be possible.

This thread has taken on a life of its own.... it is no longer an Interest thread
    Last edited by ukewarrior; 06-16-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: C9 covers for bullet pixels INTEREST THREAD: open until 6/17/2017

I'll start this off.......I'd be in for about 4000.
    2013 - 6,000 Incans all static, 1 mega tree
    2014 - 12,500 Incans all static, 27 wireframes, 3 mega trees
    2015 - 20,000 Mostly LED, 45 wireframes, 4 mega trees, 72 renard channels, 16 LOR channels
    2016 - 25,000+ lights mostly LED, 50+ wireframes, 4 mega trees, 176 renard channels, 16 LOR channels, 800 pixels

https://www.facebook.com/Stoney-Ridg...6107967233852/

Post Thanks / Like

I would order 300 - 400 or so...
    ----------
    Don't know a thing...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably be in for 400ish. So these would be very similar to that other post in that they would have a piece that covers the base of the entire pixel? Im working on drilling out PVC window frames for this comming season and may hold off to see if this becomes a reality so I don't have to re-drill them with larger holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Correct and I too would wait to drill until we see if this turns into a group buy.

I strongly suspect that we will have enough quantity. The trick will be to see what kinda price we get.
    Quote Originally Posted by th182 View Post
    I'd probably be in for 400ish. So these would be very similar to that other post in that they would have a piece that covers the base of the entire pixel? Im working on drilling out PVC window frames for this comming season and may hold off to see if this becomes a reality so I don't have to re-drill them with larger holes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    I strongly suspect that we will have enough quantity. The trick will be to see what kinda price we get.
    Hopefully it's even better than the estimated price. Then I'll buy even more to have a stock on hand for the future!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any set purpose in mind right at the moment but I would still like to get maybe 500 of them at this time! I always have things lying around waiting for a project to come up that will use them - LOL!
    I do like the idea of them but am a bit concerned that with the "standard" spacing of "most" of the pixel node strings that I have looked at, it may NOT be possible to get 4" spacing when using them? You do lose a bit of distance between nodes when using these and just want folks to be aware of it.
    I use pretty much 4" spacing on my LED strings now and am looking at using the same for pixels although a pixel tree will have closer spacing for sure but probably won't use these on it.

I would love to know how much distance is lost "exactly" when using these on a node string if anyone has used them and can make a couple of before and after measurements?

Post Thanks / Like

so, It appears you can mount the cover with no loss of length. It extends a wee tiny bit past the the bullet pixel housing bottom on the pixels I have.
    I'd say about 3mm past.
    But, you can also just push it up those 3mm to have no loss in lenght and I don't think it will affect the resulting light output.
    Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    I don't have any set purpose in mind right at the moment but I would still like to get maybe 500 of them at this time! I always have things lying around waiting for a project to come up that will use them - LOL!
    I do like the idea of them but am a bit concerned that with the "standard" spacing of "most" of the pixel node strings that I have looked at, it may NOT be possible to get 4" spacing when using them? You do lose a bit of distance between nodes when using these and just want folks to be aware of it.
    I use pretty much 4" spacing on my LED strings now and am looking at using the same for pixels although a pixel tree will have closer spacing for sure but probably won't use these on it.

I would love to know how much distance is lost "exactly" when using these on a node string if anyone has used them and can make a couple of before and after measurements?

9. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in 800-1,000. Without checking my house outline I want to change to tight spaced C9. And retire my GECE.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

I would be in for 1500.

-
    Jason

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast