Thread: Neon Tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neon Tube

Anyone use ray's newer product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5m...91a32f75&tpp=1
    For building arches?
    Just curious if it is any good, would you recommend 30pix/M or 60? Distance from street for my application would only be 50 or 100 feet.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Neon Tube

Depends what you are using them for. At $23 shipped, it's a pretty good deal for a tube with lights in it.

Some things to consider:

1) That's 8.2 feet long - if you are using it for arches, it will be a bit on the smaller side.
    2) That tube doesn't look very rigid at all - again, for arches, you'd need some sort of additional support mechanism, and I have my doubts it'd look like a clean arch...
    3) Each "pixel" is actually 3 pixels - not a big deal, just something to be aware of - you control 3 of the lights at a time (not 1)
    4) The ends look like you'd need a clever mounting option, if it was to connect to the ground - not impossible - but again, something to consider.

Again - really depends on what your plans for them are.
    Peace Family Lights

Post Thanks / Like

mounting might be as simple as driving 2 rebar stakes in the groung and flexing a piece of grey pvc conduit over them then ziptieing the piece to the grey pvc in front of it. Just a thought.
    LANCE

Find me on Facebook atCHRISTMAS ON PLANTATION

2017 might look promising for a show

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I was thinking of aluminum flat bar bent to the arch shape, then 2 pieces of aluminum L at either end screwed to the ends of the flat bar to form T's. The neon tube would lay on top and be zip tied or velcroed to the bar.
    The tube looks flat on bottom: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-2...c2be6d9d&tpp=1
    I was wondering about light diffusion.....any other suggestions on whether 30 pix/M is sufficient or go 60pix/M?
    Phil