Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arduino with xlights

Post Thanks / Like

Default arduino with xlights

Hi, And thanks for reading.
    I am new to sequencing lights, I have so far a sandevice e682 and pixels, and a Arduino to just turn on and off some lights,
    I Know vixen can control both, but can Xlights, if so what are the settings, I've clicked on add usb controller but nothing says about Arduino, any help would be appreciated. at the moment I,m playing around with different ideas and seeing what's good for me. once again thanks, pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: arduino with xlights

I haven't had much experience with xlights and arduino but I'm sure someone else here had. Anyway what I can say is I use vixen 3 on my mega and I finally found a working code (I'm not no programmer) anyways I use mine for just on-off. I haven't yet found how to run my ws2811 and use the on-off but so far haven't got that far.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Does Arduino processor receive DMX, Renard, LOR, some other RS-485 protocol? Seems more information is needed?
    David Pitts
    PixelController, LLC
    PixelController.com

Post Thanks / Like

The usual arduino used as a standard light controller connected to a set of relays is set up as a serial device.

Post Thanks / Like

are you able to upload your code, I cant seem to get vixen to run my arduino, I found a code on doityourselfchristmas, but when I go into vixen the arduino flashes to say its receiving signal but nothing happens. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say if we get enough info it will run in xLights if there currently isn't a way. From what I've heard from Keith he was an Arduino expert and used to run his entire show using them before any of these new generation controllers came out. He might not be back home yet because he came to the US for the xLights seminar.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

oops
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlepete83 View Post
    are you able to upload your code, I cant seem to get vixen to run my arduino, I found a code on doityourselfchristmas, but when I go into vixen the arduino flashes to say its receiving signal but nothing happens. thanks
    Vixen has a well established successful history with Arduino boards. If you need help with Vixen and Arduino, you should start another thread.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Default arduino with xlights

XLights can absolutely run your arduinos you just need to know what protocol your arduino is listening for. My guess it would be dmx or opendmx. Just add a usb controller. Choose the right comm port and protocol and go to test and give it a go. Running these controllers there is very little difference between XLights and vixen. I do use lots of arduinos in my show but I don't use serial connections. I use enc28j60 Ethernet boards and e131 but that is not a requirement but a choice I make. If you wanted to go that route you would need a different sketch for the arduino. I have one you can use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keithsw1111 View Post
    XLights can absolutely run your arduinos you just need to know what protocol your arduino is listening for. My guess it would be dmx or opendmx. Just add a usb controller. Choose the right comm port and protocol and go to test and give it a go. Running these controllers there is very little difference between XLights and vixen. I do use lots of arduinos in my show but I don't use serial connections. I use enc28j60 Ethernet boards and e131 but that is not a requirement but a choice I make. If you wanted to go that route you would need a different sketch for the arduino. I have one you can use.
    Can I get that code

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast