Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long to make guy wires

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How long to make guy wires

I find that even though the math is easy, it's even easier with the help of the right app. Look for a triangle calculator app. It will let you enter any 3 of the 6 variables and will calculate the rest.
    The guy wire forms a triangle from the bottom of the mast to the top (or guy anchor point) to the ground anchor point. You know the angle at the base of the mast is 90 degrees. You know your length from the bottom of the mast to the mast anchor point. From there you can either enter the distance from the base to the ground anchor, or the angle at the ground anchor (45deg?) and it will give you the length.
    Just remember to subtract any length for turnbuckles or other cable connectors. And add whatever length you need to fold back to make the loops in the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How long to make guy wires

This is one of those threads ;) So many ways to do things and so many opinions. And for our stuff, they are likely to all be safe methods.

IMO, the 45 deg angle make the anchoring less critical. I also think how and where you anchor to the pole is an important consideration based on material used.
    No display again in 2016
    Just too much going on to get things going the way I want. So continuing the hiatus
    www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12