Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E 1.31 bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default E 1.31 bridge

I have finished assembling a 6 port E 1.31 bridge. it powers on and performs a status check and let me know what mode it is when powering on. I performed a hard reset as
    suggested on other threads found in here. Also i have installed the surface mount mac ic. So, when trying to connect to my computer i cannot get the configuration page to load.
    On another thread it said that you had to change to a static ip address. or you can just plug it into your network. i have tried both. my question is shouldn't your router or the computer
    network show that something is connected.
    confused

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E 1.31 bridge

most of your questions can be answered by looking at this
    hope this helps
    2017 (my 7th year)

Post Thanks / Like

Been there and read that, but that doesn't answer my question? When the bridge is plugged up to a computer will it not show as connected when looking at the local area connection tab when in the network and settings of windows 10

Post Thanks / Like

my question is shouldn't your router or the computer network show that something is connected.

If you plugged the bridge into your home network, then it should have gotten an IP address from your router (assuming your home network is using DHCP via your router). Your router should show the bridge in its lease table. You can also use free programs like: "Advanced IP Scanner" to locate all of the devices on your network. If the bridge shows up, then you know the Ethernet interface is working. If not, then you may have missed a step in the construction process.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

When the bridge is plugged up to a computer will it not show as connected when looking at the local area connection tab when in the network and settings of windows 10

Most likely no. If the bridge has not been connected to a device that will give it an IP address, then there can be complications. If you connect the bridge directly to your PC (no other devices other than a hub on the wire between the bridge and PC) then the devices at both ends of the wire MUST be manually given mutually exclusive IP addresses in the same sub-domain (IE: 192.168.1.5 and 192.168.1.2). If the addresses are not in the same sub-domain (in this case 192.168.1) then the devices will have problems communicating. Also, this sub-domain must not be the same sub-domain in use by any other interface on your PC. Like I said, a direct connection can get complicated.

Also, the network tab on Windows only shows devices that advertise themselves as windows compatible devices (snmb, netbios devices etc). Linux boxes run Samba to connect to Windows devices. IoT devices like the bridge may not be sharing file space so most likely are not advertising in a way that will cause them to show up on the windows network list.
    Last edited by MartinMueller2003; 05-17-2017 at 04:06 PM.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

What Martin is saying is that you need to connect the Bridge directly to you computer first and not through a router. So unplug the network cable from that goes from your PC to the router and plug it into your bridge. You will then need to go into your PC's network settings and take it off of Automatically getting IP and change it to a manually assigned IP address that the computer and bridge and talk across. Generally the Bridge has a default IP address of 192.168.1.206. So you PC will need to be set to 192.168.1.<??> any number but 206, like 1. Set the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0 and you can leave the other blank at the moment. Now, if you computer is already set manually, write down the numbers that are there and then set it up to the above. Once you have your PC set to look for network items on 192.168.1. you should be able to bring up the Bridge local page. Once you open the bridge you can configure it's address to match the rest of your network. Then set you PC back.

My personal setup is that I have my PC on a wireless connection and my network card is my show connection. That way I can access both at the same time. I use two of the E1.31 Bridges in my show. Feel free to ask, I'll help where I can.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i changed my settings to thisip change.PNG and then typed 192.168.1.206 in a browser window with the bridge powered on, and still no communication with the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Try changing to the computers ip to 192.168
    1.10 .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlemery View Post
    Try changing to the computers ip to 192.168
    1.10 .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    so made the above change and still timing out. checked ipconfig in command prompt and got thisip config.PNG shouldn't the ipv4 show what i entered?

Post Thanks / Like

Also try typing in the full "http://192.168.1.206"
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast