Thread: Song crashes show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Song crashes show

I have 3 downloaded sequences that work fine but the one I made will run once then repeat regardless of what's setup after it. When it plays the second time the display will not have any lights coming on.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Song crashes show

We would need more information to be able to help you with this.
    1) What sequencer program and version are you using?
    2) What hardware are you using(computer specs, light controllers, etc)
    3)Are you playing the show directly from the computer, or exporting to external hardware?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm using Vixen 3.4 on a ProBook laptop windows 10 pro, 8 gigs of RAM an core i5 processer 64bit os. My controller is an Arduino mega, I'm playing the sequence from my computer via USB to the Arduino. My Arduino is controlling a 16ch relay. All other songs work fine. Just that one loops and crashes the whole show.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you using Vixen with a relay board, if you have your sketch saying its 16 channels, but the downloaded vixen sequence your using is sending the audrino more than 16 channels it's expecting it will crash... i would see if that's a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you imported the song into vixen twice, it's there twice... so it will play a second time, and unless you sequenced the song twice... that would also explain why there's no lights but a song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lostbucket View Post
    Also if you imported the song into vixen twice, it's there twice... so it will play a second time, and unless you sequenced the song twice... that would also explain why there's no lights but a song.
    I actually figured out the problem. For some reason the song on in the sequence had like one second of the beginning of the song after it ended (almost like it was on repeat when the audio file was created) even though the audio file didn't go past that one second at the end it would loop. I just edited the sequence length and that resolved the problem. On a side note I have successfully inported 16 channel songs and used it with my 13 channel setup. Haven't had any issues out of it so far.