Thread: cg-1500 enclosure

Post Thanks / Like

Default cg-1500 enclosure

I have been going back and forth as to what enclosures to buy. living here in SA there a shop that many of you purchase your CG-boxes from. giving my local pricing, I cant see myself spending double or even triple in some cases for the bud industries enclosure. with the exception of 1 location in my yard, all of my enclosures will be double protected, i.e. garage or front porch eave. I have 1 location, my megatree, where I plan to house an SS24. my question is for those that use cable guard, please comment on any issues you have had with the CG-1500 sitting out in the open by itself. no extra insulation like a plastic bag or 5 gallon bucket covering it, just the box by itself exposed to the elements of nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cg-1500 enclosure

5 years of no trouble at all with CG boxes of various sizes. I have attached a piece of PVC to the back, pounded a piece of rebar into the yard and just placed it out there with the holes at the bottom of the box. I have run a REN64, RP32's, REN48LSD, Power Supplies, and Pixel Controllers in these boxes without any extra protection without an issue.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

3. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For my mega tree I used Lowes 26 inch tool box, you can easily fit 4 power supplies and the controller in it. It also has a water tight seal on the lid. For everything else I just used CG-1500's.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been running CG-1000's since 2009. I just put them on the ground. Probably better to put them on a pole and up off the ground, though.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have four of them I put on a stake and upright. I haven't had a problem in the 2 years I've used them. Three were covered in snow this year at one point.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using CG-1500's for four years now with only one issue--the door popped open on one of my enclosures once. Other than that, no issues at all. I plan to "centralize" this year and put my F16, expansion boards, and PSUs in one tool box or storage box.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my first one (cg-1500) and am planning on mounting my pi and power supply inside what do y'all recommend for attaching those to the inside??

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There are several suppliers that make mounting plates for the cg1500. I just by a sheet of pte plastic on Amazon and make my own mounting plates. I use nylon screws for the power supply and you can use plastic tubing for standoffs for the pi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk