Thread: Projector Control and Enclosure...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Projector Control and Enclosure...

Does anyone have photos of an outdoor projector enclosure they have built? Trying to get ideas.

Also, how do you guys remotely turn on and off the projector each night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Projector Control and Enclosure...

Post Thanks / Like

I built mine to look like the columns of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The projectors I'm using have ethernet connections and you can use Telnet to control them, but they also have scheduling capabilities to power on automatically. I'm using Epson 1980WU projectors. The towers have windows where the image is projected through. It uses what's called "projector port glass" which has better transmission qualities than standard glass.

http://portwindowglass.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5Zs2421fg

IMG_0911.jpg
    Last edited by danolgb; 04-27-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Add pic

4. Thanks livinglightshows thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FPP can turn a projector on and off via rs232 with the projector control plugin

6. Thanks livinglightshows thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For my Sybil the Clairvoyant projection last Halloween, I bought a box that looked like an old book from Hobby Lobby, drilled a hole in it for the lens, and put it on a table with some PVC candles.

Obviously, your projector is going to determine how big you have to make the enclosure, and the design will have to make sense for your display. Maybe expanding on the "lollipop" type of prop in your last show, you could add a few globe-like lollipops and house the projector inside one. The clear globe I used for the Sybil projection has plenty of room for a projector inside it, and they do sell a frosted version in which you could mount some pixels. You'd have to cut a window for the light, but careful positioning would hide it from the audience.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few pics of mine. Just a box i painted and waterproofed but i made it a all in one box and it housed my projector, pi, outdoor speaker amp, and fm transmitter. I did buy optically clear glass for the window but to power it on and off i just used a quality outdoor timer which turned it on about 5 minutes before the show turned on with the pi and shut off about 5 min after. Dont know why it isnt letting me upload pics though.
    [SIZE=5][FONT=palatino linotype]LANCE[/SIZE][COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Find me on Facebook at[COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]CHRISTMAS ON PLANTATION[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]2017 might look promising for a show[/B]

Post Thanks / Like

20141120_151111.jpg20141112_114736.jpg20141112_114711.jpg
    Not sure what the deal is but some it will let me upload and some it wont.

Find me on Facebook at[COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]CHRISTMAS ON PLANTATION[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Also here is the thread where i posted some also.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...uot-Brain-quot