Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting Bullet Pixels in J Channel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Bullet Pixels in J Channel

I had commented on a previous post that I use JChannel to mount my pixels. I had a PM asking for pictures. Since I can't see how to attach photos to PMs, I thought I would put them here.

This is the jig I made for my drill press IMG_0530.jpgIMG_0531.jpgIMG_0534.jpg

Here is a 12 foot section with the pixels installed. Then I fit another J Channel behind the other to hide the wires. IMG_0538.jpg IMG_0542.jpg I also ran 18 gauge wire in Channel for power injection.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mounting Bullet Pixels in J Channel

I mounted them under my soffits using 12" construction straps from Home Depot. I bolted them into the J Channel so it would pivot. I slid it under the aluminum faciea and vinyl moulding. IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0548.jpgIMG_0549.jpg

Around my windows, I used 1/2 PVC as the frame then wire tied the J Channel to the pipe. This hides the wires well and is quite sturdy. I have the frames put away where I can't easily get to them so I just took a small piece so you can see it. IMG_0559.jpg IMG_0560.jpg

I hope this will help others. This was not my idea, I saw it on other posts but can't remember who the members were. So I'd like to thank them for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this! It gives me some great ideas of how it can work with my home.

Post Thanks / Like

great info. thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

i tried just under eves as well however using only 1 jchannel and i found that it didn't stay straight, so i tried it another way.

20170426_175210.jpg20170426_170708.jpg20170426_170726.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Northernwarrior, what do you mean it did'nt stay straight? Did the pvc j-channel warp? Am close to doing my home, snow just melted here in Alaska. If the pvc is the issue may just have j-channel made up at a sheetmetal shop since it is not available in my location. What iw your other way?

Post Thanks / Like

My eves may be the issue. My house is coming up on 20 yrs old so the eves isn't has straight. That could be the problem. It seems to push down a little due to the weight? Don't get me wrong, it looks good but the way I have it now works a tad better. Can you not see my pics above ?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I tried using just one J Channel but found it would twist. You could see the wires too. So I went with two J Channels. I spaced the supports 18" from the end then every 3 feet for a total of four. I haven't had any problems. You can see pictures from my second post.

Post Thanks / Like

I may try your method of 2. Nice thing about my way is I also will have led strip on the eves to wash my house with colour so I have lights facing out and in

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the look with both strip and bullet nodes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast