Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MonoPixel Animated Candy Canes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MonoPixel Animated Candy Canes

That resistor network rang a bell, so I looked in my resistor cache.... I've got a bunch of those 264-330-RC jobs. Just the one you need. How many you want? I'll just send you some. PM your address if you would and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.
    diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dirknerkle;466386]You can substitute part # 595-SN65LBC179P (see the link to the right for "similar product") and it will work fine.

Well shoot. I got my parts from Mouser and the above mentioned IC wasn't included. That's because I forgot to add it. The part is cheap but Mouser wants 8 bucks to ship 2 of them. Anyone have 2 laying around they can sell me?

Post Thanks / Like

You know.... the part is less expensive at Arrow.
    Arrow gives free overnight shipping with only a $20 order.
    Just get some more goodies and get them from arrow.
    Surely you need something !
    [QUOTE=pmiller;466589]
    Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    You can substitute part # 595-SN65LBC179P (see the link to the right for "similar product") and it will work fine.

Well shoot. I got my parts from Mouser and the above mentioned IC wasn't included. That's because I forgot to add it. The part is cheap but Mouser wants 8 bucks to ship 2 of them. Anyone have 2 laying around they can sell me?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any of those, but... I've got THESE MonoPixel PCBs... which would have been really nice to have at the beginning before the mega-soldering extravaganza....

A limited number of these are available in the DIGWDF Store: http://digwdf.com/store/product.php?id_product=254
    Attached Images Attached Images
    diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Dave!
    Just placed and order.
    I don't have any of those, but... I've got THESE MonoPixel PCBs... which would have been really nice to have at the beginning before the mega-soldering extravaganza....

A limited number of these are available in the DIGWDF Store: http://digwdf.com/store/product.php?id_product=254

Post Thanks / Like

Well geez. Nothing like letting me know about this now after I soldered 5000 connections. Some friend your are . All is good Dave. Besides, I enjoyed all that soldering. Gave me something to do. I was able to order the IC I needed from Arrow. Their site is confusing to navigate. Had trouble finding the part but I found one without 595 prefix. I assume it is the same. My order was more than $20 So hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

When someone puts a mouser part number on the forum, THAT is mousers internal part number, not the 'number' of the actual part.
    When you navigate to the mouser site with the number given in a BOM and look at the product detail, you will see a number listed as the: manufacturer number.
    It is this number that you should use to search on other sites.
    Glad to hear it all worked out a-okay for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Well geez. Nothing like letting me know about this now after I soldered 5000 connections. Some friend your are . All is good Dave. Besides, I enjoyed all that soldering. Gave me something to do. I was able to order the IC I needed from Arrow. Their site is confusing to navigate. Had trouble finding the part but I found one without 595 prefix. I assume it is the same. My order was more than $20 So hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ukewarrior, I see that. Mouser added the 595. The rest is the manufacturers number which is what I ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

I only ordered 2 items from Arrow and only half showed up the next day. I won't receive the other half until Wednesday. Not sure why they shipped both items separately, on the someday and from the same place yet get here 5 days apart. So much for overnight shipping on orders over $20.

Post Thanks / Like

While we knew it would, we wanted to verify that the MonoPixel board works with colored LEDs as well as white. Here's a little video test with red, green, yellow and blue LEDs instead of white.

http://vimeo.com/225640437
    diychristmas.org

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast