Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Drone Footage - Peace Family Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Drone Footage - Peace Family Lights

Quote Originally Posted by dmpeaceman View Post
    It makes me feel so great to hear these compliments from a community I respect so much. This hobby started on this forum for me like 6 years ago!

All the house pixel spacing is at 3" spacing, but the roof is 6" spacing.

These are the lights on the roof:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...615.0.0.bu8A8m

With these mounting strips:
    https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index....roducts_id=131
    I got Rays latest version of those C9 nodes. I was debating between 4"and 6" spacing and got the 4". I hope I don't regret that because I am shooting for my roof to look like yours, or that's how I see it in my mind. I guess if I need 6" I will have several to sell on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Is there a video or close up pics of how you attached the lights to your home around the windows, outlines , and roof? Looks great and has clean lines. Also would it work for brick? I am just getting started...planning out what I want to do. Here's a pic of my home.

This is the best picture I could find. You can KIND of see the PVC clips I used from holidaycoro. To do the same, you'd need to drill a hole in your brick for these clips to attach to.

https://www.holidaycoro.com/Half-Inc...Clip-p/770.htm

window-frames.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emuney18 View Post
    I got Rays latest version of those C9 nodes. I was debating between 4"and 6" spacing and got the 4". I hope I don't regret that because I am shooting for my roof to look like yours, or that's how I see it in my mind. I guess if I need 6" I will have several to sell on here.
    I really doubt going MORE dense is going to ever be a bad decision, lol -- it will just end up looking better than mine! :-P

Can't wait to see it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmpeaceman View Post
    I really doubt going MORE dense is going to ever be a bad decision, lol -- it will just end up looking better than mine! :-P

Can't wait to see it!
    My worry is that it will look like a single line instead of separate bulbs. Sometime in the next week and a half I'm going to put some in the Boscoyo strips and mount to pvc. Set them up in front of the garage and walk out past the street and take some videos. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emuney18 View Post
    My worry is that it will look like a single line instead of separate bulbs. Sometime in the next week and a half I'm going to put some in the Boscoyo strips and mount to pvc. Set them up in front of the garage and walk out past the street and take some videos. Time will tell.
    You just have more options now - you can always sequence it to skip every other one.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Really nicely sequenced. Sequencing takes such a long time to do well... One of the best shows I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Really awesome job. It looks like you're using Xlights. How are you doing the count down color fill at the beginning on the mega tree?
    Last edited by TNF250; 04-25-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNF250 View Post
    Really awesome job. It looks like you're using Xlights. How are you doing the count down color fill at the beginning on the mega tree?
    Pretty simple. Top layer was the white text - then just did an "ON" effect on the tree with different colors, overlapped them, and used an "in" and "out" transition with a "clock" transition.

See:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 5.20.09 PM.png

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. So much to learn with Xlights.

Post Thanks / Like

this is awesome, do you mind me asking how you made the dancing trolls on the tree and the uptown funk guy? I have a 16 wide by 50 high pixel tree and want to start doing graphics like that, thanks!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast