Thread: 2 rows of text?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 rows of text?

Hey all, still really new to xlights but how do you get 2 lines of text on a mega to show at the same time?

Merry
    Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2 rows of text?

Use a different layers for each text effect and then adjust the x and y positions as needed in the effect settings to get the text effects where you want them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitoga View Post
    Hey all, still really new to xlights but how do you get 2 lines of text on a mega to show at the same time?

Merry
    Christmas
    Like someone mentioned....use multiple layers..

In the sequencer 'window' right click on the left hand side of the line where your text 'element' is and then click "add layer...above or below". From there you can adjust either line by clicking on it...

It can be tricky if you're using 2 lines on text on a PMT however..... Trying to get the 2 lines to run at the same pace around the tree is problematic. Earlier versions of XL didn't have this issue as both lines would run together.... I wish there was a way to enter number of cycles so that you could tell each line how many times to run around the tree....it is an option on some of the other effects....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

If you need 2 lines to scroll equally I would just match the number of characters on each line. I guess the tricky part is you had to know the spacebar produces a character.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    If you need 2 lines to scroll equally I would just match the number of characters on each line. I guess the tricky part is you had to know the spacebar produces a character.
    Yeah...that's the work around....it's just that on a PMT the cone shape throws an extra dimension into the mix since the circumferences are different..so it gets a bit tedious if you have different lengths of text, which is more common for me....since I use the text as a song title and artist announcement.....