Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renard Px-1 one woes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Px-1 one woes

Vixen three is always sending the "Off" command and that is why the RX light comes on. It would seem the communications path is ok. The next issue is patching and how your test sequence is set up. Most likely your sequence is not actually outputting anything.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

2. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

another thing we didn't talk about other night is making sure right end of pixels are connected into px1
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Data flows in the direction of the arrow

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I attached the wires on the pixel side that shows the arrow facing up, it will be a while before I can check things, on vacation till the end of next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My other question is, do the pixels have to be hooked up or can I test for data flow without them hooked up? Does it hurt anything to have the pixels not connected?

7. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found a significant variation in the wire designations. Most of my strings have the data wire in between the power and ground (+d-). Some have it on the ends (d+-) or (d-+) so do not assume the colors or order mean anything. Trace out the wires and get out a magnifying glass to verify which wires are data and power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by will3ishere View Post
    My other question is, do the pixels have to be hooked up or can I test for data flow without them hooked up? Does it hurt anything to have the pixels not connected?

Most controllers will be fine with no lights hooked up.

Post Thanks / Like

so i hooked up a different set of pixels, and they are wired correctly,. but now the fe light is solid on and the rx light flashes while connected to the computer with no sequence being played.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by will3ishere View Post
    so i hooked up a different set of pixels, and they are wired correctly,. but now the fe light is solid on and the rx light flashes while connected to the computer with no sequence being played.
    FE coming on indicates an issue in the serial line: Most often it is a baud rate issue. Sometimes a bad cable or USB dongle.

12. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well back to report that the problem is sorted, pixels are being commanded on. don't know what i did but they now work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast