Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red pixels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Red pixels

These specific pixels did not come from Ray. I hate to give him a bad mark on these. I have some already on order from him, so I'll wait and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, read Ray's name in your OP and misunderstood. There has been people in the xlights FB group reporting red pixels from him the past few weeks so be wary of what you get.
    www.billporter.info
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 Halloween: 2500 Channels; 3 songs. Christmas: 4500 Channels; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 Halloween: 6500 Channels; 4 songs. Christmas: 11,000 Channels; 4 songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post
    Sorry, read Ray's name in your OP and misunderstood. There has been people in the xlights FB group reporting red pixels from him the past few weeks so be wary of what you get.
    No problem. I just tried another pigtail from another vendor with the same results. I'm a little confused as to why the same lights work as normal when connected to the falcon. This is the first time that I have plugged in the E6804. Could there be a setting that I am missing?

Post Thanks / Like

HAd to reread the thread, that's what I get for skimming.

MY guess is there'e multiple issues here. Definitively the over-voltage red sensitivity issues you corrected first by turning down the voltage, But something else is going on too. Something that would explain the 5A fuse blowing on you e6804.

Hoe many pixels were connected at the time?
    www.billporter.info
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 Halloween: 2500 Channels; 3 songs. Christmas: 4500 Channels; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 Halloween: 6500 Channels; 4 songs. Christmas: 11,000 Channels; 4 songs.

Post Thanks / Like

On the very first test, I plugged 50 12V pixels into output number 1. They did not light up at all (as far as others turning red as soon as they are plugged in). I disconnected that output and plugged 50 12V into 2, 3, and 4. All turned red as soon as they were plugged in. I unplugged all but number 4 as I was tuning the power supply. After about a minute of constant power (red pixels), the fuse popped. The strand of 50, (including the strand that did not turn red) work perfectly on the Falcon F16v4. Im no electrician, but could it have something to do with the falcon having to output power to 16 outputs, rather than 4? Is there some kind of voltage drop there?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have made some progress. For some reason the E6804 web server was defaulted to test mode #4, which is red pixels. I changed to 0, and tested others and it seems to work as normal! Not sure why the fuse blew though. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

the lesson here is that pixels use a data network to turn on. applying power is not enough. if a pixel string has a color, then something told it to have that color and the culprit is the source of the pixel data (the controller)

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've think I have power situation worked out. Next step is getting it to talk with xlights. Tomorrow is another day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12