Thread: Converting SS sequence to xLights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Converting SS sequence to xLights

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a 16 string SS CCR sequence to a 24 string megatree in xLights?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Converting SS sequence to xLights

On import just select the number of strings and pixels per string you have when you select import. I did it thisway last year with a 12 string and 16 string sequence on my 32x50 tree.
    Last edited by chadowamsley; 03-17-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You are talking about adding 400 pixels to a sequence that was created with 800 pixels. If you are looking at adding to it, then you first need to import it as is, create a 16 string tree. Then you will have to copy and paste each string into a new sequence that has 24 strings, you will want to make sure the first string you copy and paste from the 16 tree is on string #4 of the new 24 string tree that way it is centered. If you imprt it using a 24 string model, the sequence will start on string one, and the last 6 strings will be blank.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically ignore the last 2 posts because that's not what you want to do. If its a SuperStar .sup file you create a sequence and make sure you have the tree model on the grid. Then do Import Effects with file type SuperStar and import the file. You don't need to tell me how many strings are on the tree because I should know how many are in the file and how many are on the model you selected in the dialog. The fields where you can enter a size were special cases like visualization files. If I can determine the number of strings in the file I ignore those values that get typed in and they were for the source size and not the destination size anyway.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for replying, especially Gil for teaching us all!

Post Thanks / Like

Follow up - This worked really well, except for parts where there was a lot of shimmering/flashing happening on the SS sequence. At one spot on the SS sequence the megatree was shimmering in at least 4 colors (I could see R, G, B, and W), but in xLights it was just steady white. I don't know if there's a setting I can change to fix that, but I can just come up with some manual edits and be done.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

There are some features in SS I didn't try to duplicate. If its Shimmer on a Scene effect that should work cause its just one color anyways. Don't think we support any other shimmer options.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook