Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Meet Up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Michigan Meet Up?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Ahha! Starting to get it.

Most of us weren't at the mini and I've never heard of anyone using one of these. Does it give a better experience to our listeners/viewers or is it audiophile nirvana?
    It does give a better experience to the listeners. Most (not all) automobile "environments" don't lend themselves to the wonderful atmosphere you can get in a home, or wearing headphones. A high dynamic range is a luxury. This is why most radio stations compress.

FYI - when I am doing an outdoor gig, either with live musicians or running as a DJ/MC, I compress so that the audio stays within a specific dynamic range. Indoor is another story all together. (Controlled environment.)
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

2. Likes akareaper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end it all depends on how much of a "audiophile" you are and how much you want your show to sound like it is being broadcast from the local FM powerhouse. Most people are happy with the sound there FM transmitter puts out. For those that that want a better sound using a compressor (more exactly compressor - expander) or using the 3rd link I had on my earlier post MAY give you a much better sound. A lot depends on the original audio and quality of the FM transmitter.

Note: If there is to be a continue of this discussion a new thread should be started in the proper forum category. My original post was just give those who went to the MI meet up a quick link.
    Last edited by caretaker; 04-10-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    Jeff Squires

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the choices given for different units.

I also agree that this subject should be not only in its own thread, but added to the wiki for future review. The members on here and the other DIY Christmas sites are moving from the basics into some real, well-thought-out, advanced stuff for the displays.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

I am just getting into this (first year display will be 2017) , and would like making "local" contact that I could obtain information. I live in Grand Rapids area.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the ESPixelStick's going? Several people talked about these at the meeting. Paul it's May now maybe another group buy will start? Any takers on another Meetup? Mark we can Meetup on your side of town(Shelby). Chad "Duke"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

ESPixelStick is going really well for me. I linked to a test video I made. The soldering was pretty easy and the setup wasn't bad.

I have also attached a link to the post on this forum for the last group buy. I have also attached a link to the website of the creator, Sporadic, of the ESPixelStick. He said May but who knows. If you want to buy some, I would reply to the group buy and let him know how many you are interested in. It may motivate the next round or he may have some extras. Group buy rules on this forum and many others state you must be a supporting member. You cannot reply to the thread until you do.

https://youtu.be/x1VOBN5XupI
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...Controller-kit
    http://forkineye.com/espixelstick/

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

After this month I'm hammered at the farm until September. So I would be hard pressed to make a meet before then.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the ESPixelstick post
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

ESPixelStick V2 now available via Amazon Prime
    $20 and there are 17 left in stock

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Paul

2014 - FM-02 - Vixen 2.1.1 - 369 Channels - DMX, RenardPlus 32, 11 Dumb RGB strips, 100 pixels
    2015 - FM-02 - V3 - E1.31 - 500 roof pixels, 4 Arches, 4 Singing trees w/RenardPlus 32, 10 Dumb RGB strips.
    2016 - Added Pixel Tree, P10 sign, Window Pixels via Komby
    2017 - Bigger Tree, Bigger Sign, ESPixelsticks

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, looks like a great item, but I have enough on my plate to get ready, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine should arrive on Monday. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast