Top view of it fit into the base
    20170705_191926.jpg

Top view with the pvc in place and the bullet node holder on the other end
    20170705_192535.jpg

View down the pvc where it fits onto the printed rebar mount
    20170705_192542.jpg

Here is the assembly put together outside of the rbl
    20170705_192611.jpg

Again this is just something I threw together with a few modifications and showing it can be printed in one piece and with alot less material than the original design. This took right at an hour to print at 40mm/s infill speed and 50% of that speed for perimeters. According to s3d (which may or may not be accurate) it uses 4042mm of filament and weighs 12g. Now the first downside I see to this design is if you glue the pvc to the printed rebar mount, and glue the printed bullet node holder to the other end of the pvc, then you arent going to be able to take it apart and remove it from the rbl. So I would put a hole through the pvc and rebar mount and use a screw or nut and bolt to hold that end in place. Again, this is just my opinion of this piece, if can be perfectly functional in many variations and up to personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Really Big Light" rebar base mount / upright position

The top part of the original design fits scheduled 40 pvc. The bottom part was too big to slide over pvc.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Has the modified all in one piece been dropped onto Thingiverse yet?

I am using the top assembly with the tall rod to test different settings in Slic3r. Getting a massively better print out of 0.9.9 but it took 4 hours. Took those speed settings in 1.3.0-dev, takes 1.5 hours, but has enough zits to make an acme doctor nervous. Printing another with 1.3.0-dev with retract on layer change turned on.

If the zits don't go away, will try playing with retraction distance from 1mm.

The bottom piece with tabs is giving me a bit of trouble sliding down the rods. Have it heat it up on the last print to get it down with all the zits so would like to print the one with it already down there instead.

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping to get a version with a shorter rod, just long enough to bolt a piece of pvc to. I've looked on thingiverse, but have not seen any new versions up there yet. I've already got the pixel holders printed, just need the bottom part now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arw01 View Post
    Has the modified all in one piece been dropped onto Thingiverse yet?

I am using the top assembly with the tall rod to test different settings in Slic3r. Getting a massively better print out of 0.9.9 but it took 4 hours. Took those speed settings in 1.3.0-dev, takes 1.5 hours, but has enough zits to make an acme doctor nervous. Printing another with 1.3.0-dev with retract on layer change turned on.

If the zits don't go away, will try playing with retraction distance from 1mm.

The bottom piece with tabs is giving me a bit of trouble sliding down the rods. Have it heat it up on the last print to get it down with all the zits so would like to print the one with it already down there instead.
    I haven't put anything up there, still tweaking a few things and been short on time this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a little time to get do some modifications to my revision today. It now accepts a m4 nut and bolt, 1/2" pvc, and has the requested through hole design. The m4 bolt I used in these pictures is obviously longer than needed and the rebar I am using is not the suggested 3/8" from the OP.(m4 bolt and rebar are just what I had) I have sent the stl to Keith to test and get input from before I post it on thingiverse.

20170715_212029.jpg

20170715_212046.jpg

20170715_212105.jpg

20170715_212206.jpg

7. Likes arw01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Exactly what I need. Thanks for the effort. It is truly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good, I am a bit over half way printing my 21 poles, having major zit issues at anything printed out of recent cura or slic3r. My best print was 4 hours long on slic3r 0.9.9, have not found the magic sauce in the new slic3r for the extra extrusion at the end of layers to cut it back, and CUra 2.6.1 has not helped me fix them yet, they are a bit less, but at 2 hours to print they are no better than slic3r 1.3.0-dev at 1:15 approx.

Next run is running on the printer now with a slightly lower temp 235 (hatchbox black petg), 45mm sec retraction rate, zhop, 1.8mm retraction, 60mm print speed, .3 layer height to speed this up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by didjareally View Post
    I found a little time to get do some modifications to my revision today. It now accepts a m4 nut and bolt, 1/2" pvc, and has the requested through hole design. The m4 bolt I used in these pictures is obviously longer than needed and the rebar I am using is not the suggested 3/8" from the OP.(m4 bolt and rebar are just what I had) I have sent the stl to Keith to test and get input from before I post it on thingiverse.

20170715_212029.jpg

20170715_212046.jpg

20170715_212105.jpg

20170715_212206.jpg
    Very nice, cant wait for you you have them available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by didjareally View Post
    Attachment 36770

Also a note to the op, if you modify a design from thingiverse and upload the new design its good etiquette to add it back to thingiverse as a remix, so that the original creator gets credit and linked back to the original. This is just an fyi, im not offended or upset by it, but some people would be, just for future knowledge.
    Sorry about that. I am VERY new to posting on Thingiverse. I went back and fixed it to a remix from your original design. Thank you for you original contribution.
    Last edited by compfire; 07-17-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast