Thread: Sequencing when your "show" isn't on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sequencing when your "show" isn't on?

What does your lights do when your not in a "show?" Are they on? Do they blink or sparkle? What happens?

How do you configure this? Does FPP or any of these players have the ability to randomly play a non-musical sequence? Do you have to create a non-musical sequence in xLights and play that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sequencing when your "show" isn't on?

If the system is powered up, then your show is "on".
    If the controllers are not being sent any data then your lights are in one of two states: off or the last state they were told to be in. This is controller and configuration dependent.
    If you want an interlude between various parts of the show then you need to create a sequence for that interlude.
    The FPP can be configured to transmit "off" when it is not actively running a sequence.

As for the ability to randomly automatically insert a sequence: I do not know.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what my lights do when they are board (ie, not during the show times)

Its a 30s long non-musical (animation) sequence that simply loops over and over. Oh, and its set at 50% brightness so its not insane bright.

Post Thanks / Like

So the show times are say... 10 minutes long and run every 30 mins.. the remainder of the 20 mins is filled with this 30 second loop? Okay makes sense.

I take it that's all easily programmable in FPP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

At 3p the AC timer turns on the show PSUs.
    At 4p, FPP turns on the tune to sign and sets its message to "Show begins at 5pm".
    It begins the pre-show loop as seen in the video.
    At 4:58p, it shuts off the loop and changes the sign to "Tune To 91.1FM".
    At 5p it plays the intro sequence (plays only once a night).
    Then it repeats the show sequence selections endlessly until 10p
    At 10p it begins the the pre/post show loop and changes the sign back to "Show begins again at 5pm".
    At 11p it turns the sign off and the stops playing the loop. Lights out.
    At 1am the timer turns off the show PSUs.

I leave the show power running from 11 to 1am in case I want to do any testing or repairs so I don't have to override the AC timer.

I don't run a show at preset half hour intervals. But, yes, FPP could. Many do it.

6. Likes Verrous, IaRoadKill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When the show is not running, my lights are dark except that since I have my normal dusk to dawn outside lights disabled, I put my eaves on all green at a low brightness just enough to put some light in the front yard. My show runs continuous during show hours. I would hate to have folks show up at my house to find the lights not running a show. I cannot control their arrival time nor would I want to. I suspect it is wishful thinking that folks will arrive on time for the start of the first sequence of a show or wait for one to begin.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

8. Likes Ruppro liked this post