Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy 6' Spinner StarFlakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Easy 6' Spinner StarFlakes

With that diameter you could put a couple sets of James' large arch coro around the outside perimeter and line the whole circle with lights as well. At 2" spacing that would be another 51 pixels.

I like the design, it has me thinking about a smaller version to fit onto a small section of porch roof I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dkelly0802 View Post
    Awesome idea just think you are gonna need some support to keep the pvc round. I used two pieces of pvc as base for a 10' tree and it didn't hold shape. I used Ts instead of unions and ran a piece of 1/2 inch from side to side. Worked nice after that.
    Dkelly,
    I used pvc conduit hoops on my previous build (Easy LED Snowflake Spinners) with mini lights strung between the outer circle, it flexed a little but it holds its shape pretty well. I use them on them flat on the roof so it really only needs to kind of hold its shape. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by pgchristmas View Post
    Does your pixel count include the outer circle, as well as the inside strips?

Post more, and i will post as well as soon as i start building,

Michael
    Michael, I did not include the outer circle as part of the nodes, but now that you mention it it might be interesting to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMurdoch View Post
    With that diameter you could put a couple sets of James' large arch coro around the outside perimeter and line the whole circle with lights as well. At 2" spacing that would be another 51 pixels.

I like the design, it has me thinking about a smaller version to fit onto a small section of porch roof I have.

Chris, Looks like you are already figuring out how to do what Michael suggested. I was trying to figure out how I would make the strips go around a bend, but with the Boscoyo coro arch it might work great. One could use the medium arches as the ring for 4' version of my Spinner StarFlake.
    Last edited by bcstuff; 01-12-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    Brian

Help Support Do It Yourself Christmas.com
    For just 6 cents a day you can help someone with their Christmas Light Addiction Problem.
    Click here to Become a Supporting Member and help spread the CLAP!

Click here to show/hide my display details...

My Light Show Videos: http://vimeo.com/brianandheather

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see a video of this in action once you get it built. I am thinking of making a few but much smaller, like 2 or 3 feet across.
    Last edited by Trioxide; 01-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12