Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whole display wipe effect

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whole display wipe effect

Hi all,
    First post. I am new to this whole scene and have a so far built 2 Sandevices 682 controllers and got them working basically with a few light strings and Vixen3.

I have searched through the forums, and messed around in vixen, but have not yet been able to figure out how to apply a wipe effect across the entire display.
    For simplicity, I have 3 megatrees defined and put them in a group "trees". My preview is configured to have the mega trees next to each other horizontally from left to right. Applying effects to the group seems to just have each tree do the same effect, but not treat the group as a single element.

Can someone explain how I would be able to get a "wipe" type of effect to travel through all 3 trees from left to right?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Whole display wipe effect

Should work the way you have it setup. Do you have the direction in the editor set to 'wipe right'?

Post Thanks / Like

The Trees are composed of separate elements, they don't share anything correct?

In the Preview Configuration, under the "Settings" menu is the "Update Location Properties" checked?

Location.jpg

Also did you close Vixen and reopen, then try the wipe? A lot of time when I am making changes to my preview, I have to do that before they take effect.
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses! Everything seems correct.
    Perhaps I just am missing some fundamental understanding of effects/elements. I've reduced my preview to a single grid. I am applying a wipe effect to the grid with the following effect properties:
    type: pulse length
    direction: wipe right
    color: color gradient (just white)
    brightness: upside down V standard intensity curve
    Pulse: duration=1000

The grid just pulses/fades in and out. The direction property has no effect unless I set it to Burst In or Burst Out - then the grid disappears completely (and the effect becomes just an outline on the timeline)

How can I get an actual wipe across the grid?

Post Thanks / Like

You do have to close and reopen the sequence editor any time you make a change in preview setup, or to the elements in display setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Smerk,

If you wanted to do a TeamViewer session I can take a look at your setup and see what's going on.

7. Likes bigbenamerika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StickyWicket View Post
    Smerk,

If you wanted to do a TeamViewer session I can take a look at your setup and see what's going on.
    Sticky wicket- Yes please!
    Can this happen today? I'm on East coast time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smerk View Post
    Sticky wicket- Yes please!
    Can this happen today? I'm on East coast time
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

For those following this: The issue stemmed from the fact that on his screen the green close button wasn't in view (the form was not fully expanded) Because that wasn't in view he (and I) just naturally click the windows "X" button to close the form.

The "X" button doesn't update location properties like the green close button and the file>exit option.

So when he drew a wipe it looked like a pulse across the whole element/group as there was no location data.

Jon, do you think the X button should update location properties as well? If we do make it that way you could still click cancel on the setup previews dialog as that is where the saving or not saving actually occur.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your help! I've captured a couple of screen shots of the problem.
    Not a big deal, but in these screenshots you can see that some of the button images are cut off.
    Vixen preview editor 1.jpgVixen preview editor 2.jpg

12. Thanks gassy thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast