Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Did anyone get 10" pixabulbs by accident? I got too many 12" and no 10". Willing to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I received a partial order in July - missing cables and pigtails. I emailed several times, facebook posted and Facebook messaged and no response. I will try a credit card dispute, hoping it isnít too late since the charge was back in January during the presale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rklarman View Post
    I received a partial order in July - missing cables and pigtails. I emailed several times, facebook posted and Facebook messaged and no response. I will try a credit card dispute, hoping it isnít too late since the charge was back in January during the presale.

90 days from date of promised delivery is what I was told.

Post Thanks / Like

The first date, or the most recent date?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    The first date, or the most recent date?

I was able to file a dispute with Discover and they said the purchase date didnít matter. It was a very easy process.

Post Thanks / Like

On disputes as someone whom use to sell Merchant Services (what is needed by vendors to accept credit cards) every company has a different policy. The process usually goes like this.

1. Consumer files a dispute with the credit card issuer. Normally this is 90 days from the date of purchase/shipment or promised shipment.
    2. Credit card issuer will give you a temporary credit while they investigate usually 30 days.
    3. Credit card issuer reports the charge back through the merchant services provider to the vendor informing them of the chargeback and demanding proof.
    4. If the vendor does not respond or can not provide the proof required than the vendor's account is debited for the full amount of the charge plus fee's which are usually $50 per charge back.
    5. If proof is provided then you will be notified and the credit removed from the account otherwise you will be notified that the credit is permanent.

Many merchant services companies don't allow vendors to collect money until shipment and while vendors still do it they can have their account cancelled for it. Think about some of your bigger companies like Amazon. You are not actually charged anything until your order ships but they have deep pockets and don't need the money up front to order your product.

Based on all the negative feedback it would not surprise me if DIYLEDEXRESS doesn't see dozens of charge backs ranging in hundreds to thousands of dollars of fees as well as their merchant account being cancelled.

Here is a little more detail of the process https://chargeback.com/chargeback-process/ Every bank and merchant services provider have different fees, the ones I listed above were typical back when I sold merchant services.
    Chris
    Holiday Lighting, LLC
    Your Source for Genuine Mean Well Power Supplies
    https://holiday.lighting
    https://facebook.com/holidaylightingllc
    @holidaylightin9

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Smoofy, since you're obviously in the know on this topic, how does the credit card company handle transactions that were delivered partially but not in full? and partially incorrect? Do they issue a partial credit?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,
    As Smoofy noted, this is not a good thing for them if folks are disputing their purchases.
    I too deal in this industry on a professional basis and most vendors will do most anything for you to not dispute a charge.
    If the dispute is upheld, the fees charged to the retailer are indeed significant, as Smoofy stated, and start at $50 per dispute.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a health issue or other personal tragedy going on?
    If so, I would hate to see the community pile on someones misery.
    We need to remember that these 'pre sales' types of deals are not typical businesses.
    We want to have our cake and eat it too. Namely, we want really cheap prices and we want the product on a certain date.
    Believe me, I get it. I'd rather pay half up front for delievery in 6 months if it saves me 50% on the product.

This is reminiscent of the 'troubles' Chris in Texas had with some of his products a couple of years ago.
    When its a sideline business, sometimes communications go out the window when events happen in your personal life.
    That's no excuse, but I can see how it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Wow,
    As Smoofy noted, this is not a good thing for them if folks are disputing their purchases.
    I too deal in this industry on a professional basis and most vendors will do most anything for you to not dispute a charge.
    If the dispute is upheld, the fees charged to the retailer are indeed significant, as Smoofy stated, and start at $50 per dispute.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a health issue or other personal tragedy going on?
    If so, I would hate to see the community pile on someones misery.
    We need to remember that these 'pre sales' types of deals are not typical businesses.
    We want to have our cake and eat it too. Namely, we want really cheap prices and we want the product on a certain date.
    Believe me, I get it. I'd rather pay half up front for delievery in 6 months if it saves me 50% on the product.

This is reminiscent of the 'troubles' Chris in Texas had with some of his products a couple of years ago.
    When its a sideline business, sometimes communications go out the window when events happen in your personal life.
    That's no excuse, but I can see how it happens.
    I think the general consensus is that we're all more than understanding about delays and life and whatever. He's getting a ton of slack from this very understanding community. But what's going on here is that nobody has even heard from him in well over a month now. And this is even after being a few months late in general deliveries in the first place. If there was any effort at all to explain himself, we'd all still be sitting here patiently waiting.

Personally, I'm now at the point where I need to either receive my product from him, or order it at a higher price from an alternate vendor and hope it arrives in time to actually get it in my show this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya Jon,

What a shame this has happened. I'm just sorry to read about it is all.
    I completely understand what you have said and totally agree.
    9 months is long enough for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    I think the general consensus is that we're all more than understanding about delays and life and whatever. He's getting a ton of slack from this very understanding community. But what's going on here is that nobody has even heard from him in well over a month now. And this is even after being a few months late in general deliveries in the first place. If there was any effort at all to explain himself, we'd all still be sitting here patiently waiting.

Personally, I'm now at the point where I need to either receive my product from him, or order it at a higher price from an alternate vendor and hope it arrives in time to actually get it in my show this year.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast