Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Quote Originally Posted by b0nafide View Post
    What's your order number? I'm curious if he's filling orders sequential?
    My order number was #6673, which I placed on 1/27/17. I think he filled a lot of 'non-complex' orders (not sure what that means) first, and is now working through the rest. It sounds like there were problems with the P10 panels as well, adding more delays.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtbehnke View Post
    My order number was #6673, which I placed on 1/27/17. I think he filled a lot of 'non-complex' orders (not sure what that means) first, and is now working through the rest. It sounds like there were problems with the P10 panels as well, adding more delays.

Good luck!
    So much for sequential... mine is about 50 orders before yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just throwing out a positive data point here...

While it took a bit longer than usual, I did receive my complete order of pixels, pixabulbs, and cables. No errors in the shipping and all the pixels appear to be high quality. I did not order any P10 panels or anything other than pixels and cables.

Overall I'm happy with everything I've received from DIYLE this year and previous years. My only gripe is the lacking communication this year. But I know its just a few guys doing this out of their garage and/or basement and I think they had a lot of growing pains this year. The quality of products is high and the pricing is low so I hope they continue on and will be better prepared for (and more communicative) next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I received my order today and it is not good.

1. The box arrived badly damaged and torn open. Little care was put into packing the lights and shipment.
    2. I am missing 20 strings of "WS2811 12v IP68" bullets 50ct.
    3. Of the 5 strings of 12v 50ct bullets I received, 4 are defective.
    4. Of the 13 strands of C9 pixastrings I ordered, 6 are defective. I have 7 pixastrings that follow the same pinout of the bullets. The 6 defective strings do not.

Has anyone else ordered C9 pixastrings and had problems? I have blown 12 fuses on my controller because of faulty wiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timstreet View Post
    I received my order today and it is not good.

1. The box arrived badly damaged and torn open. Little care was put into packing the lights and shipment.
    2. I am missing 20 strings of "WS2811 12v IP68" bullets 50ct.
    3. Of the 5 strings of 12v 50ct bullets I received, 4 are defective.
    4. Of the 13 strands of C9 pixastrings I ordered, 6 are defective. I have 7 pixastrings that follow the same pinout of the bullets. The 6 defective strings do not.

Has anyone else ordered C9 pixastrings and had problems? I have blown 12 fuses on my controller because of faulty wiring.
    Defective ? Faulty wiring ? can you elaborate the issues ?

Is the wire color order incorrect to specifications published somewhere as to how to connect ?

Chinese manufactures are notoriously bad at maintaining any standard . < be warned !

It is always a good practice to verify for oneself v+ , DI , gnd and DO prior to connecting .

What is defective about your strings , bad or poor water proofing ? wire not UV rated or sheathing peeling off ?

Pixels malfunctioning ?

12 fuses ?

1 blown fuse maybe 2 should be enough to alert the user of issue .

Maybe it is not stressed enough that the Do it yourself hobbyist should not trust China products to be in any form of a standard color code format .

I am real curious to hear what the Defective equates to .

for oneself

Post Thanks / Like

Defective ? Faulty wiring ? can you elaborate the issues ?
    Faulty wiring and faulty soldering, I'll elaborate.

Is the wire color order incorrect to specifications published somewhere as to how to connect ?
    The pinout on about half of my waterproof connectors is incorrect. The pinout Todd posted for the pixastrings in another thread caused the strand to blow a fuse on my e682. 7 pixastrings matched the pinout of the bullet nodes I ordered. 6 pixastrings had the ground and v+ reversed.

Chinese manufactures are notoriously bad at maintaining any standard . < be warned !
    Yes, I know.

It is always a good practice to verify for oneself v+ , DI , gnd and DO prior to connecting .
    Yes, and I ran a continutity test to determine which wire went to which pinout. Without being able to see the chip inside each pixastring you have two options: try what the vendor told you the pinout is and then try the other way when option 1 failed.

What is defective about your strings , bad or poor water proofing ? wire not UV rated or sheathing peeling off ?
    On a few bullet nodes per string, the solder connections on the chip itself are loose. Wiggling the wire slightly will either turn the string on and off or alter the displayed color.

On half the pixastrings, the pinouts on the waterproof connectors are not uniform. Explained above.
    Pixels malfunctioning ?
    12 fuses ?
    2 blown fuses per string during testing. 2x6 = 12

1 blown fuse maybe 2 should be enough to alert the user of issue .
    Yes. I tested each string I ordered very carefully to ensure that the strings were at fault. I changed outputs and fuses each time to make sure the e682 wasn't at fault. I even used a second e682 near the beginning to confirm that the controller was not the problem.

Maybe it is not stressed enough that the Do it yourself hobbyist should not trust China products to be in any form of a standard color code format .
    Yes, although not the problem here. I don't trust any color code or pinout. The wire I was dealing with was black and had pigtails on each end. The biggest issue is not being able to see the chip to know wiring order. Step 1 is ALWAYS a continuity test but that only matches wire to pins. It does not match wire to connections on the 2811 chip. Todd did not provide pinout information with my order. Only after google searching did I find Todd's post with the pinout picture (which again was wrong for half my strings).

I am real curious to hear what the Defective equates to .
    I hope I answered your questions thoroughly.

7. Thanks angus40 thanked for this post
    Likes angus40 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent elaboration .

Thank you for detailing each issue .

Sorry to hear this , and all your grief with these pixels .

The pixabulbs sound like they have as many issues as the technecolor pixels had .

I am glad I never bought into either of these and thanks to your post , others will be better informed .

Lets hope DiYlEd fixes your issue in short order .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Excellent elaboration .

Thank you for detailing each issue .

Sorry to hear this , and all your grief with these pixels .

The pixabulbs sound like they have as many issues as the technecolor pixels had .

I am glad I never bought into either of these and thanks to your post , others will be better informed .

Lets hope DiYlEd fixes your issue in short order .
    Careful. Pixabulbs and pixastrings are two different things. They come out of different factories. (At least they always used to). Pixastrings are no more than bullet nodes with a c9 lens and opaque clamshell around the bullet. So they are effectively just decorated bullet nodes and will have the the any of same issues that the bullets have.
    Pixabulbs are a completely different beast. All of my pixabulbs from this batch have been cooking for a week in test mode with no problems so far.

10. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Careful. Pixabulbs and pixastrings are two different things. They come out of different factories. (At least they always used to). Pixastrings are no more than bullet nodes with a c9 lens and opaque clamshell around the bullet. So they are effectively just decorated bullet nodes and will have the the any of same issues that the bullets have.
    Pixabulbs are a completely different beast. All of my pixabulbs from this batch have been cooking for a week in test mode with no problems so far.

Whoops .

Excuse my ignorance , I did not know there was two different products .

Are these decorated bullets able to come apart easily enough for the novice to determine a proper wiring configuration for a successful connection to a controller ?

Or are they permanently affixed decorative fixtures ?

I have in the past had to cut the bullet sheathing off an unknown pixel type I had received to determine proper pin out .

Post Thanks / Like

I don't trust any color coding or wire pinouts from China. So I do initial testing on ALL my pixel strings using 3-4 volts. I have almost all 12v pixels and they still light up at 3-4 volts. This way I can verify the polarity with little risk of damaging anything if its backwards.
    Last edited by pixelpuppy; 08-11-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast