Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    Both ends of the string will have a connector, male on input and female on output. There is an additional female connector included for the controller output. All connectors will be 3 wire.
    Great. I am assuming the quote below is referring to the same connectors, and i would like to have a few extensions on hand also.

Quote Originally Posted by estepd View Post
    Todd,
    How would we go about ordering extensions that will fit the fine threaded connectors? All of mine from last year are the coarse threaded ones.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

The Pixabulbs always had connectors on each end so I'm confused if there is something different this year or if they were just lumped into the description with other pixels that didn't normally have connectors.

I'm not trying to be nitpicking, but a number of differences with last years group buy of Pixabulbs weren't specified during the group but and caused a lot of extra work and additional purchases for me.

One was that the Pixabulb bulbs weren't removable. This caused me to return (had to pay extra shipping) of my Boscyo strips and purchase the push through version. These don't line up the same as my original strips so I didn't end up adding them to my megatree as I had planned.

The Pinout weren't the same so I had to cut off the connectors and reconnect them so they would be compatible with my other Pixabulbs. Granted this was a manufacturing error and not a design decision. I did feel that instead of me finding discussions about this item it could have been proactively communicated to the group buy members once it was discovered. Todd did step up to make it right by offering returns or solder sleeves but it was a bit late for this years display.

The point of this post isn't to bash these products or the service provided to this community, but to illustrate that even the smallest change in product from previous years (connector size, thread pitch as questioned above) can have a large effect in time and cost to the end user if not thoroughly and accurately communicated before hand.

Information is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know the details of the Pixabulbs for this year. My biggest issue with the 2016 Pixabulbs was that full white was substantially different (very blue-ish) from pre-2016 Pixabulbs. I expanded my megatree this past year, so now I have a section of it that doesn't match the rest very well when I use full white. I would like to expand it further for this coming year, if or how I do that will depend on if the 2017 Pixabulbs are closer to the 2016 or the pre-2016 version.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 - 48 Channels LOR
    2013 - 144 Channels LOR, 3 E6804 (1200 pixels)
    2014 - 208 Channels LOR, 6 E6804 (2311 pixels)
    2015 - 208 Channels LOR, 8 E6804, 1 Falcon F16V2, 4311 pixels, all controlled by xLights
    2016 - 160 Channels LOR, 7 E6804, 2 Falcon F16V2, 7227 pxels, all controlled by xLights
    2017 Goals:
    1) Power Inject Arch Strips
    2) Add 16 strings to Pixabulb Megatree
    3) Add Topper to Pixabulb Megatree

Post Thanks / Like

No Pre-Sale love for dumb RGB products? I picked up a HolidayCoro 40 channel dumb controller late last year and I'm looking to populate it with a bunch of C9 RGB Strings. I don't see any pre-sale info or labels on the dumb products.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    Official Pre-Sale Announcement:

The first DIY LED Express LLC Pre-Sale will run from January 2nd through January 31st. Delivery of product is expected to be around early to mid May.

Our website has been updated with almost all the pre-sales pricing. Again we have seen some substantial decreases in the cost of some of our most popular items! All 12mm pixel strings and power supplies have seen significant price drops! Also be sure to watch for quantity discounts on ALL pixel products and a lot of other products. The more you buy the better price you will receive!

We have also made one minor change to our pixel strings. All PixaBulb, PixaString, 12mm pixels and icicle strings will come with connectors already attached! This means a whole lot less work for everyone! Also included with each string will be a matching female pigtail to attach to the output of your controllers! This will help you save a lot of time building and setting up your display!

For those that have not participated in our pre-sales:

A Pre-sale is a sale that takes place before we have the product on hand. Customer's are offered better pricing with the understanding the order will ship when product arrives.

When the pre-sale closes we place our orders with the manufacturers. The products are then manufactured to our specifications. Once complete the items are loaded into a shipping container and shipped via ocean freighter to the US. Once the shipment arrives in the US (Usually about 25 days after the shipment is sealed) it is then loaded onto a train and then delivered to us.

Thank you
    Todd
    www.diyledexpress.com
    Hey Todd, is there a specific pre-sale category like in the past?

Any chance of specifying no pigtails on strings? I have moved away from using pigtails totally and would like to save the cost of them since I won't ever use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hey Todd, ..........
    Any chance of specifying no pigtails on strings? I have moved away from using pigtails totally and would like to save the cost of them since I won't ever use them.
    I'll second this. If you don't offer their mating connector, then they may need to be cutoff.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    I'll second this. If you don't offer their mating connector, then they may need to be cutoff.
    He stated that the strings come with connectors on both ends PLUS an additional pigtail connector for the input side. In addition to that, he sells matching pigtails and extension cables that can be purchased separately.

All connectors I've purchased from DIYLE over the years do all mate with each other but there has been differences in the thread pitch. In the past the differences were between colors. i.e. All my green connectors have a fine pitch and the white have course pitch. The pins and keys all still mate the same and they can be threaded together but may not be 100% waterproof if you cross-thread between the two. I don't believe I've received any mixed pitch threads with the same color. I would like to to see him standardize on one pitch regardless of wire color (I prefer the fine pitch)

One final note, there was a problem with 2016 Summer PreSale Pixabulb strings where the +/- on the connector was reversed from previous years. Even though there is no official industry standard for this Todd acknowledged it and offered either full refund or free solder sleeves to make it right. I have pretty high confidence he's going to make sure that doesn't happen again. He has always made things right for any issue I might have had in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    He stated that the strings come with connectors on both ends PLUS an additional pigtail connector for the input side. In addition to that, he sells matching pigtails and extension cables that can be purchased separately.

All connectors I've purchased from DIYLE over the years do all mate with each other but there has been differences in the thread pitch. In the past the differences were between colors. i.e. All my green connectors have a fine pitch and the white have course pitch. The pins and keys all still mate the same and they can be threaded together but may not be 100% waterproof if you cross-thread between the two. I don't believe I've received any mixed pitch threads with the same color. I would like to to see him standardize on one pitch regardless of wire color (I prefer the fine pitch)

One final note, there was a problem with 2016 Summer PreSale Pixabulb strings where the +/- on the connector was reversed from previous years. Even though there is no official industry standard for this Todd acknowledged it and offered either full refund or free solder sleeves to make it right. I have pretty high confidence he's going to make sure that doesn't happen again. He has always made things right for any issue I might have had in the past.
    Please re-read post 12. I need/want matching threads.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You've got me curious now. How do you hook up your Pixels if you don't use pigtails?

10. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estepd View Post
    Todd,
    How would we go about ordering extensions that will fit the fine threaded connectors? All of mine from last year are the coarse threaded ones.
    The plan moving forward is to slowly transition to the finer pitched threads. I will be adding options to the store to make both available.
    [URL="www.diyledexpress.com"]www.diyledexpress.com[/URL]
    [URL="www.facebook.com/diyledexpress"]DIY LED Express on Facebook[/URL]
    [URL="www.crazychristmaslights.net"]www.crazychristmaslights.net[/URL]

12. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast