Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    The ship has docked at Port of Los Angeles..........
    woot !!
    ----------
    Don't know a thing...

Post Thanks / Like

I truly hope they give the guy who was rowing some time off.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dkelly0802 View Post
    Anybody get the 12 volt pixels with red white and blue wire? I'm assuming red is positive white is data and blue is ground. It this correct? First time user just trying to decifer the setup. Thanks
    The colors is correct. I got my 12V pixels, and tested them with a 5V supply and they all worked perfectly. I am wondering if they are really 12V pixels, and am hesitant to apply 12 volts to them. I sent a message to DIYLEDExpress about 3 weeks ago but have not heard back.

Post Thanks / Like

You should see the voltage listed on the pixel board itself. Try and take a picture of them for us as close and clear as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    You should see the voltage listed on the pixel board itself. Try and take a picture of them for us as close and clear as possible

Thanks for that info. I ordered a mix of 12 and 5 volt pixel strings, and couldn't tell them apart. And they all worked fine on 5 volts. But now that you posted, I checked again and see that the bullet casing on the pixels is not very clear, and it's hard to read. But with my reading glasses and a magnifying glass (along with constantly moving the pixel), I can vaguely make out a 12 vs a 5. But, what I really noticed is that the 12V pixels have a chip on both sides of the circuit board, whereas the 5V pixels only have 1. Probably a voltage regulator on the 12V pixels.

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread. I was concerned that there were some 5V pixels getting sent out as 12Vs and was trying to prevent someone burning out their strings! I didn't know the 12V pixels could run at a lower voltage.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a drop of liquid (water?) on the outside of the casing. Sometimes it clears it up enough to be viewed, other times it is worthless. Just a drop is needed.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

7. Likes Keith R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smerk View Post
    Thanks for that info. I ordered a mix of 12 and 5 volt pixel strings, and couldn't tell them apart. And they all worked fine on 5 volts. But now that you posted, I checked again and see that the bullet casing on the pixels is not very clear, and it's hard to read. But with my reading glasses and a magnifying glass (along with constantly moving the pixel), I can vaguely make out a 12 vs a 5. But, what I really noticed is that the 12V pixels have a chip on both sides of the circuit board, whereas the 5V pixels only have 1. Probably a voltage regulator on the 12V pixels.

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread. I was concerned that there were some 5V pixels getting sent out as 12Vs and was trying to prevent someone burning out their strings! I didn't know the 12V pixels could run at a lower voltage.
    Keep in mind this is my second year with pixels. The 12v pixels have a voltage regulator on one side and pic on other side as you noted. All pixels technically work at 5 volts because they drop the 12 volts down when they receive power. You may see 12V pixels light up from a 5V PS and I did some testing where the voltage for 12V pixels was around 8 and they turned on fine. My problems came when I ran a sequence. They acted funny. This may be a side effect of how the regulator works. Or maybe it's like when you have a bad pixel and the lights will all turn on but not run a sequence because the chip is not really working. Someone with more knowledge would have to explain why this happens.

9. Likes mrGrumpy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So does this mean that if you haven't received anything from Todd yet your items are on this 2nd ship?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    So does this mean that if you haven't received anything from Todd yet your items are on this 2nd ship?
    Very Good Question.....and if you manage to find the answer, please let us know here.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Uh can anyone reach http://www.diyledexpress.com

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast