Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

I talked to Todd. He is ok. Expect an update soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    www.billporter.info
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 Halloween: 2500 Channels; 3 songs. Christmas: 4500 Channels; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 Halloween: 6500 Channels; 4 songs. Christmas: 11,000 Channels; 4 songs.

2. Thanks pixelpuppy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    I've been buying from Todd for years, and generally very happy. I also understand patience is needed due his business model. However, he has been strangely absent and non-communicative this year. Just a quick update here or there would set minds at ease. The updates that have been mentioned in this thread are all old and quoted dates have passed. If nothing else, it would be nice to know Todd is still alive and doing OK.

Certainly there must be some people on this forum that know Todd personally? Jon Chuchla or 458gshaggy perhaps? I'll patiently wait longer for my shipment, but would still like to know Todd is OK and still prepared to process the outstanding orders
    He's still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

4. Thanks pixelpuppy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    At this time, not really interested in those who haven't received anything....that is likely all of us!

But since Todd won't communicate, maybe others telling us they have received their 2017 Pre-Order (on or after May 29, 2017) will give us a idea to what is actually happening.
    I see one person posted something on the xLight Group. They received theirs a few days ago.

Who has received shipment after May 29, 2017?
    I received my entire order on Tuesday. It was only cables. But I got it all. I didn't receive any notice from Todd other than a tracking number email. Fourth order from him. Communication may not happen but the products always arrive on time and better then expected. Now it's time to start building more stuff for this years shows

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I have a personal relationship with Todd. I've met him once personally. We've got a good business relationship but not much more than that.
    But in all the years I've been working with him, I don't think a few weeks without an update is unusual. At this point I think we're on the later end of the time window, but still within reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's too easy to communicate these days to not too. Regardless if you are part or full time, it only takes a few short minutes to relay information to your customers. We all have many choices on vendors. If you are unhappy with Todd then stop using him. Maybe he will figure it out from losing customers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Thanks mrGrumpy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are working through the latest shipment and are shipping out pre-sales orders as quickly as possible. To date we have shipped out 54.3% of all January pre-sales and have more orders going out every day. We have one more shipment of pre-sale goods currently on its way to us.

The pre-sale shipment had to be broken up into two shipments due to changes with the WS2811 IC. World Semi changed the WS2811 (Now WS2811S) which caused the ICs to be scarce for a while. We were given the option of either waiting for the WS2811S IC or substituting with the UCS1903 IC. While the UCS1903 uses the same protocol as the WS2811 we decided it would be best to wait a few additional weeks so our customers were getting exactly what they ordered and not a substitute IC. We decided it would be best to opt for two shipments of goods, one that had product available sooner and another for the product that was waiting for additional WS2811S ICs to be available. We are currently working through and pulling each order that we can possible ship right now. Once we have gone through those the second shipment of goods should be here so we can finalize shipping of all pre-sales orders.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this.

Thanks
    Todd
    [URL="www.diyledexpress.com"]www.diyledexpress.com[/URL]
    [URL="www.facebook.com/diyledexpress"]DIY LED Express on Facebook[/URL]
    [URL="www.crazychristmaslights.net"]www.crazychristmaslights.net[/URL]

10. Thanks pixelpuppy, AuburnLights thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, when is this second shipment expected?
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Well that explains the pre-sale orders. How about the orders of in stock items. Placed 5-15-2017 and still waiting.....

Post Thanks / Like

WS2811S....Hey, I bought these in WS2811S in 2015, and the 12mm bullets you supplied last year were WS2811S - they are not new - they are all over eBay and Aliexpress - so why are we being delayed in 2017?
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

World semi discontinued Rev 1 of the ws2811 and released Rev 2 with a changed protocol. There was a gap of time between those two events where no chips were available.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    www.billporter.info
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 Halloween: 2500 Channels; 3 songs. Christmas: 4500 Channels; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 Halloween: 6500 Channels; 4 songs. Christmas: 11,000 Channels; 4 songs.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast