Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Quote Originally Posted by blake_l View Post
    This is... troublesome, to say the least. I went with DIY LED Express specifically so I could standardize all my equipment. I can easily swap any of my strings (or controllers, for that matter) because everything has the same connector.

What I'm reading now is that if I don't buy everything I'm ever going to need this year, I will be out of luck in the future. Is that correct? You essentially have one more order (this summer's pre-sale) - if I don't get in on that and / or purchase before your stock runs out, I am out of luck.
    I think we all take that chance on any supplier, in any industry. In my first year, I standardized on all the Seasonal Entertainment cabling and many of their light products, and they are not even around any longer. I've since "standardized" on the connectors from Ray and have a boatload of cables and cable parts in my basement just in case.

2. Likes Cdanna77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I get it. Doesn't frustrate me any less.

Also, I want to make sure this is what's really happening before I start my search for vendor-neutral 3 pin connectors. Fool me once...

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    I think we all take that chance on any supplier, in any industry. In my first year, I standardized on all the Seasonal Entertainment cabling and many of their light products, and they are not even around any longer. I've since "standardized" on the connectors from Ray and have a boatload of cables and cable parts in my basement just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

All the DIYLE connectors are compatible. Todd usually has a supply of pigtails and extensions all year, not just pre-sale. I think he may run out of stock by the end of the year, but you are not necessarily locked in to just the two pre-sale opportunities. I know I came up short in the late fall and ordered some extras from him directly from the online store.

As far as the threads go, its not a big issue. I have both threads and they still work with each other. In fact, I think I had a mix one whole season before I even realized there were two different pitches. Its not perfect but its not a show-stopper either. Its will be nice to get all fine pitch in the future but it doesn't make the existing coarse pitch obsolete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    This thread is for updates to the presale for what he has available. Not for what you think should be available.
    None of it is available. It hasn't even been made yet...

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    A Pre-sale is a sale that takes place before we have the product on hand...When the pre-sale closes we place our orders with the manufacturers. The products are then manufactured to our specifications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    None of it is available. It hasn't even been made yet...
    Let me rephrase that down for you then, this thread is for what is AVAILABLE in his store for the presale. When I go shopping I shop for what is available. If it's not then I go somewhere else, I don't condemn Walmart for not having what I want. If you want a custom order tailored to what I need for my display I can go to RayWu or ScottLED, knowing that I will pay an arm and a leg for shipping. Todd offers the presale for items that the general populous can use. He doesn't offer custom orders due the logistics of it as he explained before. If there is enough demand for something in particular he has always done his best to accommodate us. I got a quote directly from RayWu for custom 5v 2811 node strings, 75 nodes per strand, with pigtails, same amount of nodes that I had in my cart for Todd's presale, and before shipping, the price per node was more expensive than Todd's presale. Not only that but if something is wrong with the order from Todd I can rely on him to make it right without paying for return shipping across the ocean. Just my .02 you can take it or leave it. I'm all about innovation and making the customer happy, but if it doesn't make sense for Todd to sell or if he takes too much of a loss on something then he closes his store and we all either have to deal with another shady vendor stateside, or go through China directly anyway. I think that the service Todd offers its something we should be thankful for even if it's not exactly what we would prefer 100% of the time. Rant over. Sorry for taking up space on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

7. Likes Wolfie, iflights, Kev7274, FBiff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

.........If there is enough demand for something in particular he has always done his best to accommodate us.
    (Walmart is not a DIY store)

I do not disagree with what you have said (well, won't comment) but let me comment on your statement above: How is Todd to know the demand if it isn't discussed here. [As I recall reading here, there are several well known members requesting similar/same spacing.]
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 01-25-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    In Lights Therapy...

9. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of demand.....

is anyone else having issues accessing the DIYLEDExpress website this afternoon??

11. Thanks DAT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I messaged Todd of FB...he is aware of issue.

Post Thanks / Like

this thread is for what is AVAILABLE in his store for the presale. When I go shopping I shop for what is available. If it's not then I go somewhere else,
    Thats not what a pre-sale is. By definition, a pre-sale is for things that are NOT currently available in his store.

I have been buying pixels exclusively from Todd for 5 years. I am well aware of how his store operates and I fully promote buying from him whenever possible for the reasons you noted (competitive pricing, US-based shipping, excellent customer support, etc.).

... If there is enough demand for something in particular he has always done his best to accommodate us.
    EXACTLY! That's the whole point. He won't know if we don't ask for it, right?
    Last edited by pixelpuppy; 01-25-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    Thats NOT what a pre-sale is. By definition, a pre-sale is for things that are NOT currently available.

I have been buying pixels exclusively from Todd for 5 years. I am well aware of how his store operates and I fully promote buying from him whenever possible for the reasons you noted (competitive pricing, US-based shipping, excellent customer support, etc.).

EXACTLY! That's the whole point. He won't know if we don't ask for it, right?
    I'm just saying let's put it in the proper thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast