Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

I hate to see this happen. diyledexpress has been a good vendor and the best place I've found to get pixels and enclosures. This will probably close them down. No complaints about those who are filing claims. They're entitled to do that and I would likely do the same at some point. Just hate to see it. I wonder who's going to fill the void for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you David in that something is wrong. Whether it's a personal crisis or just plain being overwhelmed, a statement from Todd, somewhere, be it here or on Facebook would go a long way in quelling people's fears that they are going to lose money. With people disputing charges with DIYLEDExpress it's only going to snowball for Todd and I don't want to see that, but I can't blame people that have been left in limbo. Perhaps someone can call him personally that knows him better than most and find out what's really going on. I don't want to see anyone suffer over something that is supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    I hear ya Jon,

What a shame this has happened. I'm just sorry to read about it is all.
    I completely understand what you have said and totally agree.
    9 months is long enough for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke with one of our well known members who is also a major, but non-competing vendor. Evidentially Todd is in the middle of moving to a new house. Don't know if it's for happy reasons or not so happy reasons, but that could explain a lot.

I'm going to try to get in touch with him later today. I should be able to track him down one way or another. If he's really backlogged and needs help, maybe I'll make the 2.5 hour drive up to his place and spend a day helping him pack orders.

4. Thanks kk6ou, pixelpuppy, davdue thanked for this post
    Likes rstehle, davdue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I started collecting all the details for filing a dispute of the charges with my credit card company and I came across a phone number on the credit card receipt that I hadn't noticed before. I called the number and left a voicemail for Todd explaining that I had been trying to get in touch with him via e-mail and the website and that I was at the point where I was going to dispute the charges. I waited just over half a day and then opened a case disputing the charges. Then this morning I found a shipping notice e-mail in my inbox for more of my order. I then checked my spam folder and found that Todd had e-mailed me within 45 minutes of me having left the voicemail. Unfortunately I didn't see that e-mail until this morning though or I would have held off on disputing the charges. Todd's e-mail was very apologetic and said the issue was that my order had been placed into the "Shipped" status when it should have stayed in the "Pre-Order" status since they had only shipped part of my order back in June. This new shipment won't complete the order but Todd said he has more stuff coming in and will ship the rest as soon as it comes in so I told him I would close the case once I received all of my stuff. While I won't be holding my breath, at least now I'm hopeful again that I will get everything I ordered even if it is so late that I'll have to completely rethink what my display will look like this year.

I also told him about the negative feedback he's been getting in the forums this year so hopefully he'll get online and start responding to people and addressing the problems they're having with their orders.

Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.
    Last edited by Lanman; 09-12-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

6. Thanks kk6ou thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really strange. I ordered from him on August 27, shipped on August 28th and and got my order 2 days later.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Hey Smoofy, since you're obviously in the know on this topic, how does the credit card company handle transactions that were delivered partially but not in full? and partially incorrect? Do they issue a partial credit?
    Yes they will do partial credits as well depends on the situation they credit card company works for you so they will do everything they can to make you happy.
    Chris
    Holiday Lighting, LLC
    Your Source for Genuine Mean Well Power Supplies
    https://holiday.lighting
    https://facebook.com/holidaylightingllc
    @holidaylightin9

Post Thanks / Like

I heard back from Todd a few weeks ago (8/29) about my missing pigtails. He got shorted on his order for the fine thread connectors. Has more on order but they haven't arrived yet. Just wish he would have communicated that earlier on.... I think people would be more understanding if there were some better communication

Post Thanks / Like

I received my first shipment of pixels today from the pre-sale and Todd has already started shipping some of the other stuff I ordered as well so things are definitely looking up.

Post Thanks / Like

I also received my order a few days ago. Well, re-received it... bit of a long story, but I live in Canada and had a U.S. Address for him to ship to. In late May, I was going to be visiting the U.S. for over 48 hours which allowed me a tax/duty-free exemption amount when coming back home. I asked if he could pull through for me, and through some miracle, he was able to get most of the high value stuff out for me by the end of May, but my wire colours (Canadian spelling!) were wrong. Interestingly, the packing slip didn't specify a colour, and looking on-line at my account, a colour wasn't specified, either. Web site malfunction? Who knows. However, my order confirmation email from January did have the colours, so I forwarded it to him, but since half his stuff was still on the ocean we wasn't able to get anything to me.

I did send a lot of emails and found the phone number on my credit card statement and called as well with no response. I finally sent an email message with a clickbait-style subject line of "I'm Dying", indicating that the wait is killing me since there isn't much time to get ready for Christmas. A week or two later, I got shipping confirmation from him. My pixels are doing an abbreviated burn-in test as I type this... after 6 hours, 1 pixel stuck on red at the end of a string, and 1 mid-string that occasionally changes the colours of pixels after it... the issue didn't re-occur after unravelling the pixel bundle.
    Last edited by Some Guy; 09-15-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My credit card statement didnt have a number so I cant call. Only thing I can do is send emails daily now. I just have C9 pixabulbs and a power supply so not a complex order by any means. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with orders similar to mine

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast