Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express 2017 Pre-Sale is here!

Has anybody gotten an updates on when we could expect our deliveries?

Post Thanks / Like

Expecting it sometime in May, Login every day to see if the status has changed, but not gonna worry about it till the end of May.

Post Thanks / Like

Pixelpuppy, so the Tees I have are done wrong?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Pixelpuppy, so the Tees I have are done wrong?
    Maybe, maybe not. First off, there is no standard for this. Pinouts vary between manufacturers. Your diagram is different than my Tees, but it could just be your diagram doesn't match your actual Tees (have you checked them with a meter?). Do you use Pixabulbs or PixaStrings? I use only PixaBulbs and BulletStrings from DIYLE. They are all wired the same as the diagram I posted. I recall reading somewhere that the PixaStrings (not bulbs or bullets) had the polarity reversed. I don't have any of those, but if thats true, then your Tee diagram would be correct for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abslte23 View Post
    Has anybody gotten an updates on when we could expect our deliveries?
    I have received one of mine. I made two orders, the first order I placed on January 12 and was for 50 strings of pixels. The second order was placed on january 24 and was much bigger and contained all kinds of things. I receive the first order over a week ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. First off, there is no standard for this. Pinouts vary between manufacturers. Your diagram is different than my Tees, but it could just be your diagram doesn't match your actual Tees (have you checked them with a meter?). Do you use Pixabulbs or PixaStrings? I use only PixaBulbs and BulletStrings from DIYLE. They are all wired the same as the diagram I posted. I recall reading somewhere that the PixaStrings (not bulbs or bullets) had the polarity reversed. I don't have any of those, but if thats true, then your Tee diagram would be correct for them.
    I used a meter on the Tees I have from DIYLEDEXPRESS. I doubled checked because I found it strange that a yellow wire showed continuity with a brown wire (shown in my diagram).

Post Thanks / Like

Pixelpuppy, the strings have no bearing on the Tees. What I measured were the actual Tees and they are what they are. I just thought it was strange a yellow wire on the injection side was connected to a brown wire. Could be the Tees I have are messed up. I'll drag another one out tonight a check.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Pixelpuppy, the strings have no bearing on the Tees.
    They do when the strings come from the vendor with connectors already attached ...like PixaBulbs and PixaStrings that come from DIYLE.

I just thought it was strange a yellow wire on the injection side was connected to a brown wire
    It's normal for a Power Injetion Tee. The leg of the Tee has no data input but it has two power inputs, so one of those needs to use the pin that's normal used for data.
    Last edited by pixelpuppy; 04-20-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    They do when the strings come from the vendor with connectors already attached ...like the strings that come from DIYLE.

It's normal for a Power Injetion Tee. The leg of the Tee has no data input but it has two power inputs, so one of those needs to use the pin that's normal used for data.
    Gotcha. Thanks

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718